I have traveled a fair amount over the years both on business and pleasure and there are not many hotels that continually greet you every day with a smile and address you by name and ask how your days activities went. Its a warming feeling when away from home that people address you and remember your name and this is one of the few places that have perfected this warming greeting. Staff talk to you with interest and ask how your day has been and what you have planned next.
Before selecting this hotel for our 6 day stay I had read many reviews some strangely over negative. Yes there are some mosquitoes here but they are everywhere its just part of Samui...
While staying here pop up to the foyer at night and be part of the hotel's "Celebration of the day" it just adds to the Thai warmth.
As I mentioned earlier we stayed for 6 days at their Pavilion Pool Villa. Bedroom was a good size with air-conditioning TV etc. All other rooms were outside and very spacious. Plunge pool was ample size about 3 x 6 metres and reasonably warm. There was a day bed and 2 sun lounges. Pool seemed to be cleaned and checked every day as was the room/bed etc.. At the evening mosquito coils and oil candles are lit to help repel those little buggers. It is not the cheapest hotel/resort on the island (nor the most expensive) but we were not disappointed with what we paid. It is only a couple of klm's from Lamai main street. I guess about 10 Klm's to Chaweng centre. Taxi is about 200 - 400 THB respectively. Shopping is not great here at Samui but you have plenty of other things to see and do while here.
The hotel runs a daily drop off (one way) shuttle to various locations a different location each day and they hold various daily activities. The tour desk were fantastic and helped me book various activities.
Positives for me were..
Exceptional Thai service & hospitality.
Good location (Quiet but not too far from town)
Clean and comfortable rooms (maybe the bed could have been better)
Restaurant and bar prices were a little expensive for Thailand.. As TravellerKA. Mentioned RCT restaurant just on your left as you leave the property is of very good quality and well priced alternative to eating at the resort.
All in all you will not be disappointed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach