My wife and I were fortunate enough to spend 5 wonderful days at this luxury resort. I can not recommend it more highly. The accommodations are wonderful and comfortable. The food was excellent and the service top notch.
We had a room with a semi private pool. We could swim right off our Lanai and that was wonderful. The main infinity pool was also wonderful.
We had a delicious Thai dinner out on the docks that extend off the beach in front of the hotel. Very romantic, just the 2 of us and the waiter. We were not rushed and there was something magical about eating under a blanket of stars.
THE BEST part is the nightly lantern ceremony at 7:19PM 19:19 At the main reception area there is a quadrangle. The staff comes out with four red lanterns, places them in the 4 corners of the quadrangle. They then bring out these white paper lanterns with candles that are about 4 feet tall. You wade into the reflecting pool in the middle of the quadrangle, light and release the lanterns. I really can not do this ceremony justice here. It is truly awe inspiring to see 15 or more lanterns floating into the night sky.
This hotel is worth the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach