This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in! Top notch service, food & facility.
We arrived at 10am in the morning and the hotel checks us in immediately as our room is available then, rather than let us wait till the usual check in time. What a bonus! It felts like we have a full day's worth of stay.
The room was really spacious and nicely decorated. Sunken bath tub, rain forest shower, double sinks etc. The bed was absolutely heavenly. My husband is very fussy with the mattress he sleep on and most hotels mattresses are too firm for him (he has to bring his own topper when we travel!), but the mattress was really luxurious and soft. Mind you, if you like firm mattress, then this might be a bit soft for you. Plenty of mineral water (I think there were about 6 or 8 500ml ones in the room) was provided complimentary of the hotel, and they get topped up every time the room is cleaned or during turn down service. Free wifi in throughout the hotel including the room too! A couple of things I might complain about is the tiny bottles of toiletries & lack of lighting in the bath room. I have long hair and big hair so every time I wash my hair, which is at least once a day with swimming, I use up at least a bottle of shampoo! There are a couple of huge mirrors but no lighting for make-up. Thank goodness I'm not a big make-up person.
The service was way beyond what we were expecting. We booked the free shuttle service to the nearby town Chaweng one night. We got to the meeting point on time, but because the van was full (a couple of people turning up without booking, the reception tried ringing but just missed us), they left without us. We were fine with it but they ran after us while we walk to get a taxi and offered to drive us in the limo to Chaweng complimentary of the hotel. What a service!
Everyone in the hotel was so friendly as well. Although there is a language barrier, it didn't stop them from smiling and wishing us when we good day when we pass each other. We got to know on e of the waiter very well. His name was Big. He always has a smile on him and is very good at his job.
The food was excellent! Quality and taste throughout our stay was of the highest standard. They are much better than any of the food we had outside the hotel. Good variety as well, both local and western. The western ones are as good as the ones we have back home! Really impressed.
We had a pool access room, and the pool is only shared by a few rooms so it was very private. There is a main pool as well by the restaurant, with single & double sun lounges. There are also kayak, snorkels, fins & shoes that we can borrow for free. Unfortunately the beach is not the nicest where the hotel is so we didn't go out into the sea much, but we are well happy swimming in the pool anyway.
Just want to also add that the service was really personal, and we have had such a wonderful time in Le Meridien! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach