Just completed a one week stay here with my family of 5 (6 yr old, 4 yr old and 2 yr old) in the pool villa room. I choose this hotel as I’m starwood platinum.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to friends and would stay here again. I think this is a perfect place for couples but still a place that families can enjoy as well. I have stayed in Bali, Phuket, Goa and the Maldives and this location and hotel would only come behind Maldives as a great place for couples. If I only considered the hotel for my ranking then I would give it an ‘excellent because of the staff and boutique nature of the hotel. However, I must consider the location of the hotel which includes the beach/water so this is why I ranked the hotel ‘very good’.
We had our concerns when booking this hotel because of our kids since this looked more like a hotel for couples. However, we completely enjoyed our stay with our young kids. Our pool villa room was able to accommodate all three of our children; our two oldest slept on the day bed sleeping opposite ends of each other and our 2 year old slept in a roll away crib. We didn’t lose much space within the room.
The staff was outstanding! Within the first couple of days of our stay several of the staff knew the names of our kids. Even with turn down service our ice bucket was filled without having to request this. I believe some of the senior management of the hotel were on holiday during our stay, so it was their delegates which provided this great service.
This hotel seems to be more of a boutique hotel then part of a major chain. The property is small and the grounds are great. This was a pleasant change from staying in the large resort type of hotel.
The restaurant is open with great views of the pool and ocean, a very relaxing way to start the day. The breakfast buffet included an egg station for made to order eggs.
The floating pier offered two great functions a nice place to enjoy sun downers and an opportunity for our kids to feed the fish each morning.
Our kids insisted on attending the nightly lantern ceremony every night as it is a great ceremony for both kids and couples.
The hotel offers a free shuttle for nightly drop offs at Lamai, Chwang and the night market. You still hard to get a cab back but at least each night you had a choice to eat dinner at the hotel or a local restaurant.
The hotel decorated our room with balloons and provided a great cake for daughters 4th birthday. The most innovated birthday cake was from Pla, the Latitude 9 bar tender. She cut up an apple and put two candles in a cucumber and brought it to my daughter to sing happy birthday to her. Needless to say my daughter was feeling much love with all the attention the staff showered her with on her birthday.
Mosquito’s- were a problem within our villa. While the hotel provided the mosquitos smokers they still managed to get into our room. Luckily we didn’t seem to get bitten but their presence was noticed.
Flies- as mentioned earlier the restaurant is open air so on some days we had to deal with flies during our morning meals. This detracted from at least two of our meals during our stay, continuously waving our hands to keep them at bay, but comes with eating in an open air restaurant.
Issues from other reviews:
Water/beach- Only one time during our stay was the ocean water covered with algae. All other times the water was clear. While the sea does not offer a perfect clear blue sand bottom the water is still clear. I can’t say that beach is terrible but I can’t say it is outstanding either. I would probably give the beach a 6 or 7 out of 10 compared to all the other beaches I have been to.
Lack of breeze within villa’s- all villa’s with the exception of the ocean view are completely enclosed and difficult to get a breeze. While this can make it hot, the overhead fan in our outside area made sitting outside a pleasant experience and we had not issues with the lack of breeze or temps while sitting outside in our pool villa.
Room recommendations: If you book an ocean view villa then you probably want to request 1103 or higher ocean view villa. 1101 and 1102 you could easily see a person standing at the pool from the pier. However, you cannot see into the actual rooms from the pier.
Be aware that this hotel does not offer connecting rooms
There is a taxi stand in front of the hotel with at least 1-2 taxis available throughout the day, taxi to Lamai was 200-300 Baht, Chwang beach was 500 baht and we got a taxi to the airport for 600 baht.
There is a restaurant, local I think, next to the hotel both on the beach and road side but you will need cash. There is also a message place on the road and beach side as well and a place that will do your laundry on the road side next to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach