“Great Italian Restaurant”

Tropicana
Ranked #14 of 153 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: "Trattoria-style" Italian restaurant & Pizzeria located in center Lamai on the Lamai Beach road (500 meters before Mcdonalds ).
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pasta and pizzas were excellent, we went there several times and were never disappointed. The place is operated by an Italian and the team is very nice and accommodating.

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Harbin, China
“Wonderful, authentic Italian food!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

There is a lot of amazing Thai food to sample around Koh Samui but we fancied a change for the evening. Having an Italian partner, as you can imagine he is not an easy crowd to please when it comes to eating food from his home country. With this in mind, the food was absolutely fantastic, we both thought so. There was a slight hiccup with the bill at the end which I'll mention now because it did not in any way hinder the experience for me. Basically, we were overcharged for something but it was rectified and the owner himself came and sat with us and apologised about the mistake and gave us a complimentary drink of his homemade limoncello!

I had the calamari with fries and a salad. This was absolutely incredible. A very, very decent size portion of calamari which is unusual when ordering this dish (they tend to be a little stingy). It had the perfect crispy batter on the outside and the squid was cooked perfectly (again, something I don't often find since it's usually overcooked and a little chewy in many restaurants). The salad was delicious and light, a perfect accompaniment to my meal. The fries just being fries were good, although there isn't much to be said about fries in general.

My partner ordered spaghetti with clams and white wine sauce. Having never tried clams myself, I had to give them a taste. My god they were delicious! He thoroughly enjoyed his meal also. The meal for both of us which included two main dishes and fries and salad for myself and drinks came to around 1,000 baht excluding the tip. I thought this was really good value given the quality of the food and the ingredients used. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

Ko Samui, Thailand
“Amazing experience..over and over again”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ok...here goes...I have been to Koh Samui two years in a row and despite the fact that I love Thai food, I still love to go around and experiment with different cuisines. For the past two years I have visited Koh Samui, I have to admit that the best food and not necessarily because it is Italian has been at Tdopicana Pizzeria. Not only is the food delicious but it is good value for money if one can tell good quality food from just eating because one is hungry. The service is also amazing and what really tops it is the owners are there at all times but they are also involved in preparing your food and that is what keeps a good business going, I believe, when the actual owners are there 24/7 taking care of customers, ensuring quality and ambience...is the key to a successful dining experience...well done...

“yummy sea bass!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After my detox, and upon recommendation, I went to Tropicana and had the grilled sea bass and spinach! YUM!!! Also a must try - their signature, homemade chili/garlic olive oil.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian fare”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife has to drag me to Italian restaurants. I love Italian food, but I'm usually disappointed when we eat out. Not here - this was one of the best I've ever been to. The restaurant is run by a couple of Italian chaps and the food was excellent. The pasta was first class. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2014