“😀 so nice, great food, very hapu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Groups, Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: "Trattoria-style" Italian restaurant & Pizzeria located in center Lamai on the Lamai Beach road (500 meters before Mcdonalds ).
“😀 so nice, great food, very hapu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My son did not want to go to any other restaurant, as he told me that he has tasted the best italian food he can remeber, i can only confirm this, we went here 5 times in one week, the two alternative did not even come close to tropicana.
So want to be happy come here, pizza is the best, pasta is so nice, but also the steak i had tonight was one of the nicest i have had in long time

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Wattwil, Switzerland
“Tropicana”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Service is ok, Food is ok, but more for Tourists. The Menu-Card is huge and it seems that they are more focused on Tourists, specially on Families. The Prizes are reasonable, but not cheap.

Visited August 2014
Harbin, China
“Thorougly enjoyable authentic Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Bumped into Tropicana on a walk down the main Lamai road and having read that the owners are Italian decided to stop.

Despite being full we were made to sit down and wait but reassured we would be seated soon. Sure enough we were seated within 10 minutes of having arrived. Service in general was very good with the staff taking good care of us. There was a hiccup with our bill but one of the owners himself came to talk to us about it and was very understanding and apologetic and we even got offered some homemade limoncello to make it up for the issue.

We had spaghetti with clams in white wine me and calamari with saladand fries my girlfriend. The spaghetti with clams was excellent and it definitely showed that the kitchen is manned by an Italian. The calamari were very good and well cooked but not out of the ordinary for a Mediterranean restaurant.

This place, albeit not the best Italian restaurant in Lamai is definitely worth a visit as the food quality is very good, service is great and prices reasonable.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pasta and pizzas were excellent, we went there several times and were never disappointed. The place is operated by an Italian and the team is very nice and accommodating.

• Visited July 2014
Harbin, China
“Wonderful, authentic Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

There is a lot of amazing Thai food to sample around Koh Samui but we fancied a change for the evening. Having an Italian partner, as you can imagine he is not an easy crowd to please when it comes to eating food from his home country. With this in mind, the food was absolutely fantastic, we both thought so. There was a slight hiccup with the bill at the end which I'll mention now because it did not in any way hinder the experience for me. Basically, we were overcharged for something but it was rectified and the owner himself came and sat with us and apologised about the mistake and gave us a complimentary drink of his homemade limoncello!

I had the calamari with fries and a salad. This was absolutely incredible. A very, very decent size portion of calamari which is unusual when ordering this dish (they tend to be a little stingy). It had the perfect crispy batter on the outside and the squid was cooked perfectly (again, something I don't often find since it's usually overcooked and a little chewy in many restaurants). The salad was delicious and light, a perfect accompaniment to my meal. The fries just being fries were good, although there isn't much to be said about fries in general.

My partner ordered spaghetti with clams and white wine sauce. Having never tried clams myself, I had to give them a taste. My god they were delicious! He thoroughly enjoyed his meal also. The meal for both of us which included two main dishes and fries and salad for myself and drinks came to around 1,000 baht excluding the tip. I thought this was really good value given the quality of the food and the ingredients used. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited July 2014