“big disappointement”

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“big disappointement”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spotted this restaurant in a guide book, trip advisors reviews not very positive but as would pass on an island tour decided to give it a go for late lunch.
Arrived 14.30 went ro beach restaurant only one other table, welcomed and seated by helpful if unknowlegable waiter who admitted only 3 days at hotel.drinks served promptly, food order took a long time for waiter to grasp and I had to help him write it down on his pad !Still not a problem, starters good and served promptly. Waited 15 mins after starters cleared no sign of mains?
Waiter called , coming soon Sir!, 25mins still no food, waiter told we would have to leave if not produced in next 5 mins as had our taxi waiting to continue island tour.
Then told order hadn't been srarted!
Much apologises , asked for bill , produced cash , had I any smaller notes as no change, produced notes 1.4 baht short , he asked for it , only had 50b note so no change and bill had 10% service added.
A joke

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Justin F

• Thai first
“Meh!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I thought we'd try The Dining Room for a nice night out but we're left thinking very little of the experience. For a start we were told the nicer tables were booked out but for the hour or so we were there, the tables sat completely empty! We were seated right beside a huge speaker so our conversation was drowned out! We asked if we could smoke and were told by the waitress that smoking was only permitted at the bar. We didn't mind this rule until a lady at a table beside us blazed up a cigarette and was given an ashtray by the exact same waitress! What the hell? The meals we ordered were nothing to write home about either! My husband's confit salmon was tasteless and my steak was ordinary. We definitely won't be going back especially after they accidentally billed us and extra $2000 Thb for the table next to us! If I hadn't checked the bill thoroughly we would have paid for two lobster meals we never ate!

Dubai
“irrestible”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The food was just cooked to perfection! My husband has to have a gluten free and lactose free diet and they got it right everytime.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Top range for area”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Rocky's bar and restaurant was a cut above many others in the Lamai area. We went as a party of 10, 6 adults and 4 children under 7. There was a wedding party on the same night, but that did not detract from the attention we received.
The menus were presented with an individual light so that you could easily read what was on offer. Much of it was rather fancy, so if you like only plain food, this is probably not the place for you.
The children had quite an extensive menu of their own, including the inevitable nuggets and chips, spag bol etc.
My hubby chose the tasting menu, which consisted of 5 or 6 small dishes, which he said were delicious.
My highlight was the lime sorbet desert. Mmmmmmm.
The evening was one of our more expensive nights out, although we had complimentary transport both there and back, including an extra trip for my daughter and our 3year old grand-daughter, who was a little under the weather.
If you are in the Lamai area, it is worth at least one visit.

• Visited April 2014
San Francisco
“An Amazing Meal”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had an amazing meal at this restaurant (and we have very high standards when it comes to food). I highly recommend it.

Visited April 2014