“Great food,great staff and great prices!”
Review of Baobab

Baobab
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Lamai Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: French, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I have eaten here many times during our stay in Koh Samui.
No more words are needed ! We loved everything!!

3  Thank Zanna672
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I started with breakfast eggs bacon coffee.then a swim in the ocean ..Followed by a massage (the best ever) and read a book on the sun lounge .then pad thai for lunch .what a great place to spend my time ..... good food ..great quality .Very friendly staff right on the beach good prices. I did this for two weeks perfect holiday for me

2  Thank Louise1322
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I and two friends from South Africa discovered the Baobab only on the second last day of our 10 day stay on Ko Samui. (We stayed 8 days in Chaweng and the last 2 two days in Lamai).
We ate all over the island and enjoyed most of our meals. However this place blew us away. We ate there twice.
The restaurant is quaint, simple and beautifully situated on a stunning beach. It is very French with a great atmosphere.
The owner and his lovely Thai wife were very friendly and excellent hosts. They made us feel welcome and their service was outstanding.
The food was something to behold! We can particularly recommend the Boss Salad, which must be one of the best salads we have ever eaten. So, to summarise, it was definitely our most enjoyable eating experience on Samui. Next time we will certainly stay longer in Lamai, if only to eat here more often.

2  Thank Johannhu
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We've been to Baobab at some point every day since we arrived in Samui.
You can easily spend a day here, eating, drinking & swimming. The massage place next door is fabulous, so far had mani, pedi & massage - all fabulous.
We've had croissants once at breakfast, warm & lovely. The roast beef baguette is divine but I don't know about roasted! It's pretty much carpaccio!
The only thing I would moan about a tiny bit is that the sunbeds are crammed together and it can get very busy. It's very popular with the French & Belguins who love a fag and a loud chat!!
If you want things a little quieter then perhaps opt for "no stress" beach bar next door.
Overall very good and great service

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We saw this place was rated fairly high on trip advisor so we decided to check it out, we were not disappointed. We first headed down for an evening meal then to be disappointed as it was closed, it closes at 6pm (well in March when I visited). We went back for lunch a few days later, the food was good quality and tasty, the staff were friendly, the owner (I think) was nice and made sure we were looked after and everything was ok. There are not too many sea front restaurants considering the size of Lamai beech, this is worth checking out.

P.s the menu is huge (the physical size), I liked the quirkiness of this.