“best coffee in Lamai”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Saint John
“best coffee in Lamai”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Jamin Cafe is a lovely little spot , named after the owner's lovely wife. We were so happy to find it as we had been in Lamai for a month before we found it and were so impressed with the quality of the coffee and food and the charming owner and his wife. We had bruschetta with fresh mozzarella and parma ham, sprinkled with a little olive oil and oregano and tomatoes. We rarely eat bread products so it was an extra special treat for us. An honest man who tells you what is the best that day. I love honesty in business. Another visit we shared several Thai dishes as well as a steamed fish, one of the best Thai meals we've had in Lamai or Cheweng since our arrival. It was not overly salty as I find everyone else does here which doesn't agree with me at all. We love the area and find it no different than the rest of Lamai or Cheweng, lots of massage parlours every where in town if you actually look around. We like it as we try a different parlour every other day in the area, very affordable. This is our go to spot in town and never go to Lamai without stopping in for their most excellent Iced Espresso which is the only good, I mean, really good coffee we found in town. Very excited as we are going to be spending several months in their area after the New Year and we will be there daily then instead of just when we come into town to shop/eat out. This place deserves to be packed everyday. Truly charming, feel truly welcome there. Very affordable.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kerry A

Barcelona, Spain
“good service and nice breakfast”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Very good coffee and breakfast. The area is not so nice, full of massage parlours and drunk people even during the morning but the place is ok, food also and the owner is very cordial.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Martin V
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A brilliant little cafe, sitting at the end of the main road this little Jem is an absolute must visit in Lamai. The food is excellent, the service brilliant and the decor is a little piece of Italy in Thailand. Add to this the hosts are so friendly and attentive and it's little wonder you find yourself migrating back here for more.
Try the coffees, the best in Thailand by a mile.

Don't miss this place, you'd be missing something special..

And did I mention it's amazingly good value too?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Andreimack
“Great coffee and lovely breakfast”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Jamin' Cafe is a rare gem in Lamai, in that its coffee is seriously good - real, proper Italian-style, as opposed to instant. They do lovely breakfasts and paninis too, as well as very well-priced Thai food. I had the cooked breakfast, with eggs, bacon and toast, along with a lovely cappuccino, for 140 Baht - far superior to the breakfast on offer in our hotel. We'll definitely be back before the end of our trip.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Julllaura
Montreal, Canada
“Best Coffee in Lamai hands down!”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed next door at the Lamoon Lamai, a great hotel, but breakfast was not included with my room. Man oh man was I happy to discover Jamin cafe next door! I'm from Montreal where we're pretty serious about our coffee and this was the only place in Koh Samui/Lamai and pretty much all of Thailand that reminded me of home. The owner, Luca, an extremely nice guy ... is from Italy as is the fantastic coffee he serves. For some reason almost everywhere in Thailand they serve instant coffee ... even at the 5 star hotels I sometimes stayed at !?!?
Not at Jamin! I had 2 double espresso's every day I stayed in Lamai and may I also add that his girlfriend and cook serves up incredible Thai dishes as well as Western breakfasts, panninis and much more. I couldn't believe how reasonable the prices were for the high quality of the food and beverages. If you consider yourself a coffee lover you MUST check this place out! Go for a nice espresso or cappuccino and try the crispy pork or any of your favorite noodle dishes and you will be 100% satisfied!

• Visited January 2013