“Major disappointment ”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

As is becoming the norm down on these islands it is very hard to find a decent place that sells decent food. We honestly thought we had found it here, due to the positives written...we were brutally disappointed!

Ordered a breakfast set menu, I thought it said toast with croissant , juice and coffee. It actually said toast OR croissant. Fine that was my fault, but what we were given was shocking! Warm bread that flopped when you picked it up (so not toasted) juice was from a carton so no effort needed there, the only saving grace was that the coffee was good, but 150thb for warm bread, carton juice and coffee from a coffee machine, was shocking!

I wish I had the words to sum up my disappointment, but this was truly one of the worst excuses for a breakfast I've seen in 4 months of travelling this region. Such a shame!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had breakfast there and it was pretty good, staff was friendly but they allow smoking inside the restaurant. I cannot enjoy food in a cancer smoke filled room so I won't be back.

1  Thank Greg3987
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Small italian cafe with thai food and jamaican name:) Espresso is good. Panini are also recommended .

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Cafe Jamin is a lovely little spot, to have a lovely dining in after you get out of your bed!... Very nice coffee and breakfast menu... They are open 8am to 8pm... Very good service and friendly owner and staff!...And specially the decor I love the paintings around the wall, they very old creation of art!.. don't miss it while you're on holiday in Koh Samui Island, check it out and try the food as you can, you will never regret as i am the good eater and I love European food very much!... Good luck Jamin, your the business your doing well! your stuff are all in the best quality...

All the best
Gina

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Jamin Cafe is a lovely little spot , named after the owner's lovely wife. We were so happy to find it as we had been in Lamai for a month before we found it and were so impressed with the quality of the coffee and food and the charming owner and his wife. We had bruschetta with fresh mozzarella and parma ham, sprinkled with a little olive oil and oregano and tomatoes. We rarely eat bread products so it was an extra special treat for us. An honest man who tells you what is the best that day. I love honesty in business. Another visit we shared several Thai dishes as well as a steamed fish, one of the best Thai meals we've had in Lamai or Cheweng since our arrival. It was not overly salty as I find everyone else does here which doesn't agree with me at all. We love the area and find it no different than the rest of Lamai or Cheweng, lots of massage parlours every where in town if you actually look around. We like it as we try a different parlour every other day in the area, very affordable. This is our go to spot in town and never go to Lamai without stopping in for their most excellent Iced Espresso which is the only good, I mean, really good coffee we found in town. Very excited as we are going to be spending several months in their area after the New Year and we will be there daily then instead of just when we come into town to shop/eat out. This place deserves to be packed everyday. Truly charming, feel truly welcome there. Very affordable.

1  Thank Kerry A