“What a great place!!!”

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Quebec, Canada
“What a great place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I loved the week I spent at Samui Sense!!! The room (superior) was immaculate, cute and cozy with first class amenities including kimonos and umbrellas. The restaurant facing the ocean offers a nice breakfast buffet, you can order drinks and food all day long from your long chairs on the beach. The personnel is very nice and helpful. There is also a nice pool. Hotel is very calm surrounded with greenery and very well kept...I was definitely very happy with my choice...and I strongly recommand a stay there!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRacine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of two weeks of non-stop travel through cambodia and thailand.

We stayed in a standard room that had been refurbished, the room size was average with a massive king bed. We didn't have a view, but then we spent most of our time on the beach where they had umbrellas and sun beds set up daily. I can definately reccomend the thai massage girls set up the the left of the hotel (When looking from the beach)- but ask for an oil massage if you don't like being turned into a pretzel like I do :)

Each morning we walked past the pool rooms and junior suite, their verandas face directly onto the path so there is not alot of privacy outside these rooms and I was glad not to have paid the extra.

It was only 50 meters to the restaurant which did a good breakfast. In the evening the beach is turned into a chillout zone for happy hour (bean bags to sit on, creative lighting and 2 for 1 coctails), dinner on the beach was also great and the food was delicious (though probably the most expensive we ate on the island- at about $55 (AUD) for 3 courses and drinks).

Location wise it was exactly what we were after- the hotel is on the main shopping/eating strip in Lamai and everything was in walking distance- great pubs, fantastic restaurants, it was a little quiet at this time of year, but this suited us. The hotel is set well back from the street and you don't hear the traffic at all.

The staff were very friendly and patient (especially when I stuffed up the in-room safe and had to get it reset) there was a bit of a language barrier, but nothing to stop you chosing this hotel.

We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah H
Kununurra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

We have stayed here several times and will again in early 2012. The staff , whilst there may be some minor language barriers are always very cheerful and helpful. The rooms (we normally stay in a pool side villa) are clean and have what you need. The location is ideal for us as it is a fairly quiet area yet close to all that you need. We have found the beach to be one of the best on this stretch of Island. Dining whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner is a very pleasant experience and the quality of the food is very good.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KununurraKim
Mulvane, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I have stayed at Samui Sense four times over the past three years and each time I stay for two weeks. It is the only true 4 star resort on the island of Koh Samui. The resort is beautiful and it is located right on the beach of the Gulf of Thailand. The sunrises and sunsets are beautiful, the service is the best you'll find anywhere, the food is excellent, and the rooms are clean and in very good condition. I would not return to this resort if it wasn't as good as I say it is. That is why I've been there four times. I have made many close friends with the people that work there and you will, too. If you are looking for fun, you'll find it there. If you want to take someone you love to a very romantic place, Samui Sense will make your loved one glad they are there with you. Samui Sense will make your stay one you will not forget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Dan K
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I thought initally it might be out of the way when I considered how many places I had to visit on business on Koh Samui. It later turned out to be a blessing. I had a great room and loved the restaurant, which was steps away from the beach. Every morning a small black bird would perch on the back of theempty chair opposite me, waiting for me to drop a morsel or two on the floor. And then, almost faster than I could blink, it would swoop down and fly away. Most of all, I appreciated he incredible service from the front desk (Noli Dura), who helped me plan my meetings in a way that not only saved me time but money. I arrived at the hotel still suffering from the effects of food poisoning in Bangkok, I had gone to the hospital but some of the effects still lingered. Noli helped me solve that problem, too. Altogether, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim C
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Check-in was smooth and friendly. The location of the hotel is quite good, very close to the beach and on the other side you can walk around shops/restaurants.
The beach itself is enjoyable, and the pool is very nice.
Breakfast was good : pancakes and eggs made on-demand, as well as a selection of cereal, cheese, juices, bacon, yogurt and all the basic stuff. We had to check out of the hotel early (before breakfast time), and they gladly gave us a small box with food for the way.
We don't have any major complaints. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonseh
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

First of all we would like to thank the staff of this fantastic hotel, the Manager that helped us with everything and the Lady that were boss of maintinence ( i think )THANK YOU.
We arrived 25 of march, to a rainy Koh samui, the welcome we got from the reception was a big smile and a tour around the facilities. We were escorted to the bungalow (101) and it was more then we could ask for, nice outdoor area and a BIG bed.
The first night we were just walking around in Lamai, and were just looking forward to a nice 1 day on the beach.
But then on the next morning big trouble came along, RAIN RAIN RAIN, iv never seen anything like it, and neither had the thai people in Samui. ( at least for 50 years ),
flooding and people were walking with water up to their neck. Restaurants were forced to close and no shops were open, minor problem to us but a big problem to the natives.
During this period the staff were fantastic, they helped us with everything, money ( atm`s didn`t work ), and to get fresh food, i cant be more greatful. During this rainy period, friend of us in other hotel didn`t have a shower,toilet,or electric that was working for 3 days, we had everything, thank`s to a generator in the hotel, power were on for 3 hours and of for 2, ( give or take )..
After 7 days of rain, the sun finaly came, and we could see the damage the waves had done to the beach and to the protection wall towards the restaurant, everything were crushed,they started to fix everything right away,
The Beach looked fantastic in the sun, and the service from the restaurant staff were quick and always with a smile.
The pool surroundings were taken from a picture from paradise, fantastic again.
The hotel served a nice meal in the morning and the hostes were funy and always smiling, i was looking forward to breakfast every morning.
The food in the restaurant tasted wery nice, we had fish and pasta there, recomended. The cleaning ladys were so to say spotless :).
When we are going to Samui the next time, we will stay there again..
its safe, everyone is smiling, close to everything but it`s quiet in the garden, and if you have trouble they will help you.
The only thing that is a little bit on the negative side, is the prices in the restaurant, overpriced !! but then again, no big deal.
a tip :
Have a dinner on the beach with a nice red wine and pasta, priceless.

Line & Ted