We travelled to Koh Samui to celebrate NYE 2011/12.
As it was peak and everywhere was either booked out or expensive we opted to stay at Samui Sense.
The feedback provided seemed positive and photos on the website not too bad.
As we arrived we were greeted by the senior hotel manager and checked in.
As we were shown our room it was a room which was a garden view on ground floor.
The room was definately dark and had a stale smell from the air con.
There were oil burners around the room, I am sure this is to cover up the smell.
We had no choice but to stay as it was NYE and every where else was booked out.
As we were on the ground floor we noticed the bathroom would smell horrid during the day as i am sure there we sewerage/drainage issues where it would travel from above rooms to the lower rooms out.
The pool is not on the beach front as seen in some photos on websites.
There is a restaurant on the beach front which I would say was the only positive, the chef was a good cook and the menu had a variety of different options from English, Italian to thai food.
The other issue no menus were in the rooms for the restaurant so you had to walk down to restaurant and order requesting room service delivery.
I found some of the front desk staff unfriendly and were not throughly trained in customer/hospitality service compared to other resorts within Koh Samui.
We were promised a scooter rental however, then advised they were all booked out.
I would only reccomend this hotel if you book poolside or the upper level rooms to avoid smells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the middle of Lamai beach, Koh Samui’s white sandy beach with various shopping and nightlife entertainment , Samui Sense provides you with an ultimate comfort in one of Koh Samui’s best locations. We are only less than 30 mins from Koh Samui’s airport and only 15 mins to Chaweng nightlife area. Our small boutique hotel has recently been upgraded to a true four-star boutique hotel standard, blended with Koh Samui’s original design concepts, our hotel accommodation design ranges from traditional Thai architecture to modern contemporary. Our 44 units comprises of 6 Poolside Villas, 8 Thai Villas, 20 Superior Rooms, 8 Junior Suites and 2 Executive Suites. Samui Sense represents what Samui's old charm used to be and is a well preserved property on the island with true Samui hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Samui Sense Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Sense Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Samui Sense Beach Koh
- Samui Sense Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach