We are a British couple now residing in Dubai so we thought we would take our annual holiday to Thailand this year as we are used to high standards in Dubai we were not disappointed with this hotel. We stayed in a garden villa but due to a slight maintenance issue we were upgraded to villa 107 with a lovely beachfront location and exceptional views. The villa we found to be exceptionally comfortable and well appointed and housekeeping was excellent. The staff throughout the hotel with the senior management of Killian (GM ) and Didier ( food and beverage manager ) were always there and on the ball. Their dedication passed through to all members of staff. Special thanks to Didier who gave us great advice on places to go and restaurants to visit. We would like to give special praise to Woody in the Banana Leaf restaurant who was very gracious and entertaining and we have left with fond memories of Koh Samui. We visited the spa on site and we were very impressed with the quality and professionalism , one of the observations my husband has seen is that although you can get much cheaper massages on the beach these masseurs are not trained like the ones in the hotel and he felt much more relaxed after visiting the hotel spa. The Tawan restaurant was also lovely and we had an exceptional meal there with probably the best steak my husband has ever tasted.Only disappointing thing was the weather as we had 11 days of cloud and rain. We also feel as other people have mentioned that the Tapas bar did not seem to have an identity and as a British couple would have liked to have had a drink at the end of the night but staff seemed to be keen on closing just after 10.30 pm when It should have been open until midnight. With the clanking of bottles behind the bar we got the message on several occasions that it was time to leave ! As we mentioned to Didier it is such a shame that this area could be a great meeting point and it seems to be under utilised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach