“We love this resort and will keep coming back”

Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stay here each time we come back to Samui (5x in 5years). It's comfortable luxury without pretense and attitude. The villas are a great value and although this year we came in the rainy season it was still a great break. Staff are friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: All garden villas are well situated and convenient to main pool and resort restaurants. Perhaps thos...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Andrew K -

Greetings from tropical Koh Samui! Thank you very much for your review and for coming back to stay with us for five years in a row. I heard from my team how much you enjoyed your stay and now see your comments here on tripadvisor.

The Renaissance team is looking forward to welcoming you back next year (which is just around the corner) - Please let me know if I may be of assistance with your future arrangements via killian.donoghue@renaissancehotels.com.

All the best,

Killian.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at Renaissance Koh Samui for 3 nights. I have to say it was really a good experience. The staff there were very friendly and client-oriented. We received a bottle of Champagne and a box of chocolate on the arrival day, because I told hotel that it was our honeymoon. The breakfast was also fantastic! We definately recommend this hotel for your Koh Samui trip!

Room Tip: If you do not stay at a villa, then rooms on higher floor are recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caddie_l
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear caddie_I -

Greetings from Koh Samui and thank you for your kind review here on TripAdvisor! We are very happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon trip and hope to be able to welcome you back - Maybe on your anniversary?

With best personal regards,

Killian Donoghue

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We visited samui this year for our yearly holiday vacation. We stayed at renaissance for 4 nights. Everything in this resort is wonderful including the restaurant and lovely rooms they have. The staffs are well trained. The only bad thing was the weather as it was a bit rainy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamK652
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear SamK652 -

It was lovely to have you with us and I am very happy that you enjoyed your precious holiday time here at the Renaissance!

We are especially pleased to learn that you enjoyed our restaurants. After introducing new menus at Banana Leaf and the Pool Bar, the Tapas Bar will follow this week with Spanish, Thai and Arabic Tapas. I hope you will be back to visit us one day to try out our new menus.

I am sorry to hear that the weather was not perfect during your stay. While there is more rainfall in the month of November, it usually does not last too long and clears up immediately after.

With best regards from Koh Samui to Seoul,

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Booked for 3 nights on this resort. The location is quiet compared to main chaweng road which is a bit busy. The rooms are great, the restaurant serves authentic cuisines. The pool is close to the beach so if you want to swim by the sea its not that hard anymore. Good views.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Evehk115
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Evehk115 -

Sawasdee from the Renaissance Koh Samui! We are very happy that you enjoyed your short holiday break with us. Indeed the views of the beachfront pool are beautiful and are one of the things that make our resort special. Chef Tor will be delighted to learn about your compliments in regards to his Thai culinary skills which he and his team take much pride in.

I hope to be able to welcome you back at the Renaissance one day and share the many other discoveries here in the resort as well as on the coconut island of Koh Samui.

Until then I remain with best regards to Hong Kong,

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We booked for 3 nights at this resort. The full stay was great and loving as they do have friendly staffs to accommodate you when you arrive. The rooms are good and clean. The pool is lovely as it is overlooking the sea. The food they serve at the restaurant is great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Briggsdman
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Briggsdman -

Sawasdee Krub from Koh Samui to New York!

Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially liked the beverage & food offerings. We have just completed to introduce new menus at our all day daining restaurant Banana Leaf and the Pool Bar which will be followed by an exciting new Tapas menu at Tapas bar in November featuring Thai, Spanish, Arabic and International Tapas.

We hope to welcome you back to the Renaissance one day and send our best rgeards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

So I may be a little biased because they upgraded me from sea view room to a villa, however one can see that no matter where u stay here it's a little bit of heaven...

The staff are unfailingly polite, the hotel has great , sloping to the sea layout with well kept tropical trees and foliage. Rooms are really spotless and quiet. Breakfast and lunch in Bananaleaf restaurant is very good value and the local fruits and special dishes are really good.

Only thing that entailed a 1/10 score was a spectacularly bad 4 cheese pizza at the poolside. Cheese hard to find, undercooked doughy pastry... But hey, who eats pizza in Thailand, should have stuck to local dishes !

Real easy access to airport, some small restaurants and shops in vicinity if you need to get out .

Beach is very nice, water around 1 meter deep for maybe 200 out, so really safe if you have bigger kids.

Great pool overlooking the azure sea ... Beats downtown Bangkok!

• Stayed: November 2013
Killian D, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Mark R -

While you enjoyed your upgrade, I am very happy that you also loved our breakfast offerings, the service of the Renaissance team and the tranquil surroundings.

In regards to the Four Cheeses Pizza, I will take it up with our Chef Tor as I know that he is very passionate about pizzas that we by the way bake in our own pizza oven. We have just launched a new range of pizzas and I hope that you would be able to come back to vist to try them.

Until then: Thank you for the great feedback and greetings from Koh Samui!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We checked in for two nights at the end of the year last year. Because we had booked two rooms, and we were a family of five, the hotel kindly upgraded us to the 2-bedroom villa on the beach. It is very spacious. And had great facilities, but was a tad dark for my taste. Very close to the main pool there, too. The only thing was that when it rained, we had to walk in the rain to the restaurants, which meant navigating slippery pathways. No covered walkways from the villa.

Even though the hotel was more or less at 98% occupancy, the hotel staff were still quite enthusiastic and the service was good. Food was quite decent, and we had nothing to complain about the breakfast. My daughters loved the lemograss/coconut ice cream.

The only "problem" I had was with the New Year's celebrations. We had an early flight on Jan. 1st., so we all went to bed at 10pm. Stupid idea. Our villa backed up onto the pool bar area where unbeknownst to us they decided move the New Year's party there. So at 11:50 pm, we were all woken up by very LOUD music which lasted for two hours or so. I thought they were going to confine the New Year's party to the lobby due to the rain. My bad. Sort of regretted accepting the upgrade, but hey, have to take the bad with good, right?

Anyway, had I been younger (and not part of a party travelling with my elderly mother, and having an early flight the next day) this would not have bothered me -- and I might have just joined the celebrations instead of burying my head in the pillows.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are located across the way from the main part of the resort. (The rooms also had a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Resort_addict1638 -

Greetings from the Renaissance Koh Samui! Thank you for sharing your memories of 2013 New Year's Eve with the tripadvisor community.

While I was not at the resort yet when you stayed with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay in our two bedroom Royal Lamai Villa together with your family. Indeed, the New Year's celebrations were moved back to the beach after the rain had stopped as our guests were eager to welcome the New Year right on the beach. The Royal Lamai Villa is amongst a very few that are overlooking this beach, so I am sorry to hear that it was not the right choice based on your needs to get an early night's rest. While I can not comment on the period of last December, I would like to share with you that our Deluxe Rooms are all fresh and dry these days.

Dear Resort_addict1638, it would be a pleasure to welcome you once more here at the Renaissance and I would love to personally take care of you whilst staying with us. Please let me know via killian.donoghue@renaissancehotels.com whenever I may be of assistance.

With best regards from Koh Samui,

Beach Republic The Residences
#4 of 51 in Lamai Beach
Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort

Been to Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!