We were looking for a Marriott Resort for our 3 1/2 week Far East Trip last month which included China, Hong Kong and Bangkok. We narrow our search to Thailand which has Phukett and Koh Samui-the latter which we have never heard of. When I first logged into the site, I was immediately attracted to the one bedroom pool villa with beautiful ocean views as well as the horizon swimming pools. We were not disappointed but what was a surprise was how nice and accommodating was the staff there. In the last 15 years, we have gone to the Hawaiian Islands for 2 week vacations each year. For the last three years, we have enjoyed French Polynesia-Bora Bora, Moorea and Tahiti. On the way to breakfast while awaiting our room, we were stopped by the Manager who introduced himself. We both tried to think-where has this ever happened before? When we arrived at the restaurant, we met a very nice intern at the hotel by the name of Niern, from the Netherlands. We also met Chef Tor who was always taking time to make sure we were getting everything we needed. Me being the cynic-said "this can't last more than a day"-wrong again-it did. When we entered our Villa and saw the pool, the room and the view, we just said "Wow." Often you have rooms labled Villa but don't live up to expectations-this one did and exceeded them. It was great relaxing in your own pool while admiring the great views. Service was outstanding wherever we went in this resort. A number of articles I read in Trip Advisor about this resort had complained about the walk to the pool-we didn't find it far or bothersome. It is a beautiful infinity pool, made for swimming and relaxing. We are already planning on returning next March. Do the pool villa if you go-its worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach