Having just returned from 18 night stay, we thought we would review while fresh in our minds. Booked in January 2014, reservation handled professionally well by (miss) Bud at Front Desk. We were met at airport in hotel private bus, and transported to hotel. Cost $28.00. Worth every dime. 30 minute trip.
Check in to villa with private pool was painless.
The room was very well equipped, TV, DVD, Pool Beds, extra towels . Fridge, with mini bar, coffee etc. Excellent A/C.
The staff are absolutely fantastic, from Chef Tor, who takes time out to ensure everyone enjoys their meal (my wife has a nut allergy, and Tor offered great guidance) to Mr. Killian Donoghue (GM), and his staff, Niran, Victoria, Didier, Korn, and the rest. Too many to mention all by name. Sorry.
The sea bed is rather stoney, ( however rock shoes are available free of charge) and as the tide has a dramatic low / high tide difference, the sea is not suitable for swimming at low tide. This is a plus for kids who want to paddle or investigate rock pools.
Free Kayaking is also available.
The communal swimming pool is more than adequate, ands located right on the beach.
Thursday night BBQ ($50.00 without alcohol) is good value, accompanied by a Fire Show. Great entertainment.
Although the F&B offering is exceptionally cosmopolitan, European, Asian etc (please try the free Bloody Mary's at breakfast), and there is no real need to leave hotel, the Renaissance is surrounded by fantastic restaurants. Some very cheap ($ 8.00 for a curry) and some expensive .The staff are more than willing to make suggestions on dining venues, and even make reservations on ones behalf.
Just a 30 minute walk along the beach from hotel, there are multiple bars offering great value on F&B.
All in all, we feel thoroughly relaxed after our vacation, and will look to return.
If you read this, please pass on my thanks to your staff. I would not hesitate to offer a reference for any of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach