I hardly write reviews but I have had such a bad experience with this place that I feel compelled to forewarn others....
My family (Wife + 1 Year Old Daughter) and I were booked to stay here Aug 9-12. Arrived 10AM prior to check in time so we were curtly asked by Front Desk manager (Pooky) to wait in the 'Library'. We were told that a room would be ready by noon. This despite the fact that we booked our room 1 month prior and had requested for an early check in.
3 hours later...
- No one had checked in on us, no one provided any update on whether a room would be ready, no water or any service given.
- I called the front desk to check if they had any updates --> i was told that it would be ready in another 1.5 hours
- I said maybe they could speed up the room cleaning as my daughter needed a place to rest and we had been waiting 3 hours --> instead of getting a simple "OK, we are sorry for the inconvenience' and we will try to speed up the cleaning", Manager's reply to me: 'YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT BECAUSE YOU ARRIVED TO EARLY!. I said, can't you just apologize for the delay and speed up the cleaning? Reply from manager: THERE IS NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR, HAVE YOU SEEN HOW BIG THE ROOMS ARE? THEY ARE BIG AND TAKE TIME TO CLEAN
- With that exchange, I decided we were better off staying elsewhere and simply left..(found a great alternative at CENTARA GRAND BEACH RESORT...NICER BEACH FRONT...MUCH BETTER SERVICE)...and had a great time! Thank you Renaissance Samui for inavdertently leading my family to a much better resort!
A week later...
I email the Renaissance Samui General Manager to outline my negative experience but it has been 5 days and seems like my complaint, just like my family have simply been flicked away by Renaissance Samui. No acknoledgement of my email. Just plain silence (consistent with getting zero service while my family and I waitted 3+ hours for our room)
Thank you for taking time to read this review I hope it helps forewarn others that are considering this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway, destination wedding or executive retreat where you can escape to your own seaside villa with private pool, blending the luxury of the world's best spa resort with the intimacy of a secluded island village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Koh Samui Renaissance
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach