Silver beach is a small cove with just about 4 hotels around it. The Samui Yacht Club is at the end of the beach with bungalows clustered around the hillside and most look over this beautiful bay.
We did not stay there but merely went for a day out on recommendation.
The sandy beach is very close to Lamai and just 6/7/ mins drive from the bustle of Chaweng, a welcome change. The beach is quiet and clean enough with some shade and the Yacht club has a great pool with sun loungers around and some salas overlooking the beach as well.
We went for the day. The pool was superb and safe for kids and the restaurant had a fairly comprehensive menu albeit very average tasting, (all the Thai food was so sweet) I will go back again for the location but with low expectations of the food. A small price to pay though considering the hotel welcomes outside guests to use their facilities for free. The service was friendly enough but there was no real service to speak of, one had to go to the bar oneself etc, again no big deal, just as a business model they could clean the place up a bit and improve service, but then they would have to charge more etc etc.......... Quite refreshing actually with the advent of so many expensive places around the island now charging 'the earth' for everything.
The sea is very shallow with many small rocks, so take some beach shoes and if you want to snorkel it is perfect for beginners who don't mind walking or crawling out over rocks for the first 20 metres, my daughter and I spent an amazing 2 hours out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crystal Bay Yacht Club sits on a small but perfect beach on the Island of Koh Samui in Thailand. The calm warm crystal clear sea, powder soft white sand and beautiful tropical gardens make this location truly special. The resort consists of 43 bungalows all set in over 12,000 square meters of lush tropical gardens. Many species of birds and butterflies can be seen enjoying the natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crystal Bay Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Yacht Club Hotel Lamai Beach
- Samui Yacht Hotel
- Crystal Bay Yacht Club Ko Samui/Lamai Beach