“Great place !”

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
belgium
“Great place !”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

upon arrival staff was helpful and friendly. Room is nice, spacious and well-equipped. Beach really calm and relaxing. Pool refreshing and clean. Staff helpfull ( even the last half day where we were already checked-out they provided towels, shower,...). For me this was a very good end of a vacation. I don't understand the negative experiences and would certainly recommend again. Only possible point is that the hotel is not central in shopping area but this is for me only a positive point. Free coffee in the room , WIFI and internet ... Restaurant with good choice and great fruit juices and very good breakfast ...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tomBelgium

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel 2 days and during my stay I really have no complaints about the facility or my room. I did enjoy my time here for the most part. It was peaceful and quiet and I slept well. The beach is nice and small and mellow unlike Chaweng beach with all the noise and people. If your looking for a place to be chill and relax this is not a bad place. It ends there. Now let's talk about the staff.

If your stay here requires good attentive customer service don't count on it here. The staff here are bored and unenthusiastic to serve you and when they do, they act as if it is a major inconvienence. They have attiude problems which was a real diappointment being that I have had nothing but impecable service while visiting Thailand. Upon checkout I was presented with my mini bar bill in which I was charged for something I didn't consume. I tried exaining this to the manager but he insisted I pay. I told him that while I have no problem paying for what I did consume, I refuse to pay for something I didn't consume. This went on for a while and he was not going to let up. He would of rather made a federal case out of this than believe his customer. This situation got so ridiculous and this man was more concerned about losing 130 baht ($3.98) than believe his customer.I paid the bill because somethings just aren't worth the aggrivation. The manager at this facility is extremley unprofessional rude and mean. Its really too bad because if this incident didn't happen, I would of written a much better review.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Adventuregal35
Wokingham
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We stayed three nights, location was quiet and a nice beach. But Koh Samui Island far mor3e expensive than mainland, all they wished to do was over charge all tourists. The hotel, tip check the mini bar list first and if you need transport to airport or ferry DO NOT USE the HOTEL RECEPTION, they take a minimum 25% commission on the fee

Recomend avoiding this hotel

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cottami
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The food is horrendous. Order a pizza Napolitana abd you'll get flat bread with a substance with a vague taste of vomit. The rooms are large but very ugly and old fashioned. Hey it's the eighties all over again! The breakfast is a disaster: sausage in grease, toast in grease, rice in grease. Stay here and eat yourself a cardiac arrest. The service is worst of all... I rented a motorbike which was clearly malfunctioning. I fell and was bleeding heavily. The owner came to see if the bike was ok. The bleeding didn't bother him one bit! I gave him back the key and he said it was OK. The next day he charged me for renting the bike!? Will I go back to this resort from hell? How 'bout never!

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank SB1971
Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 August 2009

After staying in Samui Yacht club for 2 nights, we decided to fly back to Bangkok 3 days earlier than planned. That was due to the horrid commercial non-Thai atmosphere on the island, where you pay twice as much as anywhere else and where prostitutes and cheap stores are the only thing that seems to attract people here. But secondly, it was because of the resort. We entered the lobby and nobody welcomed us, or even said something like 'good afternoon.' A stubborn person (Indian or Pakistan, not Thai) gave us our key and the usual information and we went to our appartment. A nice seaview overlooking the garden. But let's check the bungalow: An airconditioning that needs to hang, was standing on the floor next to the bed. The bed and it's furniture looking old. Very old. And then we checked the bathroom: I swear I never have seen a bathroom as ugly, old and nasty as this one! Plain concrete it was, the window covered with rusty metal and 3 soap dispensers hanging above the bath. As if you were staying in an airport restroom. Behind the bathroom someone was burning palmtree oil outside. But most of all: the bathroom, this bungalow, it's OLD. This place is very, very old. Let's take a look at the garden. First impression seems nice but look well and you see no maintainance at all. A sideway entrance full of garbage. At night the garden is filled with cheap lightning in several colors that gives the resort some kind of a mary-go-round impression. We just laughed about it and decided not to stay that long. The restaurant serves good food, but the pool needs more attention: daily cleaning, at the start of the day, is preferred. Now we were swimming between a lot of leaves and stuff. All in all, this is an average place with unfriendly lobby staff that needs a huge update into 2009.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Rugby UK
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Reading the previous reviews I was either at the wrong place or the Hotel has bucked up a lot. Our first impressions were good and got better as we enjoyed our 4 days there. Reception. Fine, member of staff collected our bags, showed us our room and where all the switches etc. were. Room. Excellent, clean, comfortable with a huge bed and massive bathroom, large frig, free safe and air conditioning plus fan. Surroundings. Excellent, small running streams everywhere full of Koi carp and goldfish running into small ponds and fountains, the whole place full of tropical plants and trees. Beautiful. The Restaurant was excellent but a bit pricy. The beach was beautifully located with just the odd small rock that was very sharp edged but clearly visible in the crystal clear water. One complaint though. No loungers on the beach, however the sand was very soft and quite comfortable.
If I have any complaints I did find SOME of the staff a little unhelpful, although the majority of them were full of smiles and the usual Thai hospitality.
Please take some of the reviews below with a pinch of salt (how can anybody assess a place on a one night stay?). The Yacht Club is good value and a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Curly-Finch
Kent, UK
Reviewed 2 November 2008

The hotel is located on the best beach we found on all of Koh Samui. Soft sand, quiet, no hawkers. However, the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Surly staff. Lunchtime snacks are good, but the cook obviiusly goes home before dinner, as they are awful. Eat elsewhere in the evening. Do not do the Beach BBQ/Paty night, or whatever they call it. The rooms could do with a clean up and refresh. the grounds are poorly kept, yet could be beautiful, with some attention. I accept it is a family run hotel, but kids riding bikes around the pool and treating the place as their playground, without regard for the paying guests.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Poor decor, needed a refurb
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lamai Beach
Sallamai Resort
Sallamai Resort
#3 of 50 in Lamai Beach
Crystal Bay Beach Resort

Been to Crystal Bay Yacht Club? Share your experiences!