We have recently returned from an 8 day family holiday @ Rocky's Boutique Resort, Koh Samui. It was the most amazing place to stay, the staff ( by the way it has a 1-1 ratio of guest - staff ) were just fantastic! they were very attentive to all our needs and just all round extremly friendly, especially our new friend Aek.
We stayed in a Deluxe Thai Villa which can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably and it had everything in it that you would ever possibly need, plus it did not cost the earth, in fact it was cheaper for the 5 of us to stay 8 nights @ Rocky's than 8 nights at the Gold Coast Australia, minus airfares of course.
The resort has 2 swimming pools - one near the beach and beach bar which is a smaller pool and for the kids, plus another one near the 3 Deluxe villas which is much larger and adults only.
The beach bar is great it has a view of the restuarant, the pool and Rocky's own private beach, they also have a free cocktail hour every Friday night. The bar is also open from 7am till late.
The restuarant - what can you say about the restuarant but they make the most fantastic food and whenever you want it! and the seafood we had was so fresh and beautiful, the prawns were the biggest and tastiest that we had ever seen.
The staff in reception make planning your day trips so easy as all you do is tell them what you want to do and when and they make the phone calls to tee it up. You must do the full day tour called Mr Ung's Adventure Tour - you do Elephant trekking, see a few animal shows, you can climb a waterfall, see the Mummified Monk, see the Big Buddha, eat at a restuarant high up in the mountains and go 4 wheel driving up and down a HUGE mountain side, also the guides are an absolute blast.
The resort also offers free Wifi, either on your own personal laptop or Iphone or they have a computer room at reception with 2 computers in an air-conditioned room.
On Sunday nights they do a HUGE seafood buffet and they also have a Caberet show - all done by the Ladyboys of Thailand - they were just fantastic and so hard to tell if some of them were actually men! and on Tuesday nights they have an authentic Thai buffett with traditional Thai dancers and music.
The resort offers a drop off service into Lamai ( the next town ) 3 times a day for its guests. We also hired a car for a few days and found it very easy to drive in Koh Samui, but you do have to be on the ball at all times as the Thais like to overtake you on both sides on their scooters even when you have your indicator on to turn. We drove around the whole entire island in one day - stopping in Na Thon for some shopping plus also in Lamai & Chaweng!
For us the best shopping was in Lamai after 5pm when the market stalls opened - you must remember to barter - you feel rude first off but then you get used to it. It makes it easier if you have a copy of what the Baht is equivelant to your own currency, so you roughly know what you are paying. We bought a lot of wooden products ( we live in Australia ) and we had no problems at all bringing it through customs, it was mainly mango wood and coconut wood - the only thing we had a problem with was a photo album my brother bought, that's spine was made from elephant dung! but mine was fine as its spine was made with coconut husks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach