My husband and I had our wedding at Rocky's Resort on 2nd January 2010. It is THE most magical place we have ever stayed. The staff are exceptional. Rio Rose, the wedding co-ordinator, took care of everything. Initially we were very nervous booking the entire wedding over the internet via e-mails. There was no need to be, Rio kept us up-to-date on all of the the arrangements - we knew we were in good hands. When we arrived at the airport, we were picked up by Rocky's porter and transferred in a beautiful air-conditioned mini bus and given cold mint towels to refresh after our flight and cold bottles of water. Once we arrived at Rocky's, we were greeted with more cold towels and fruit cocktails – with the heat this was really appreciated! Rio showed us around the resort and gave us our itinerary for the week. She talked us through our legal documents - she had arranged for us to meet her representative in Bangkok a few weeks prior to the wedding and we then went off travelling while the representative had the documents processed and translated.
We met with the DJ, Registrar, Celebrant and Priest over the next few days. Rio arranged for my dress to be pressed in time for the big day. She really thought of absolutely everything! On the morning of the wedding, we and our close family members headed off to Nathon, the main town, and were married in the gorgeous little Catholic Church. We were then taken back to Rockys in the fancy jeep and had lunch. Then the fun began, the beach blessing was scheduled for 4.30pm and we had 41 guests attending! The hairdresser attended to my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. We were thrilled, she did exactly as we wanted, we just showed her pictures and she worked her magic! The beach ceremony began at 5pm - the tide was high that day after the full moon so it was better to wait for the extra half hour. It was absolutely everything we could have imagined and more. Then we had superb canapes and sparkling wine. The beach was decorated beautifully and the food and the flowers were amazing! The photographer was very good - we were given a photo album and a CD of all 300 of our photos. We chose to eat in the banquet room despite deciding on a beach BBQ whilst still in Ireland. The staff and DJ recommended this and we are so glad we took their advice - the air conditioning was very welcoming given the immense heat! DJ Blair was super and managed to please everyone - all age groups. Poon and Oop were fantastic too and even joined in with the dancing and fireworks.
We would definitely recommend Rocky's Resort if you are getting married – or if you are visiting the area for holidays, it is indeed a very nice resort, the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble and the food is lovely too. The rooms are amazing - just absolutely gorgeous. Quite a few of our guests were travelling around Thailand for a month or so and each and every one of them loved Rocky's and were quick to point out that it was the nicest hotel they had stayed in. It is a short 5 minute taxi ride from the main Lamai beach centre.
We stayed in Thailand for our honeymoon too - I would highly recommend Koh Lanta and Phi Phi Island. Both Islands are a lot quieter than Koh Samui. Stay clear of Patong in Phuket - full of sleazy bars, MacDonalds and Starbucks - awful!
We are returning to Khao Lak for our first anniversary and would love to go to stay in Rocky's - perhaps next Summer.
If you want any more details just e-mail me email@example.com
Jennie & Rob Bray
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach