“Great resort in Lamai” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Great resort in Lamai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

the setting is fabulous, by the beach, rooms a great, definitely a place to stay in Lamai. The breakfast is served on the restaurant by the beach with a beautiful view, the food at their restaurants also very good although as a average not the cheapest (still very cheap though considering western prices).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Claromana

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first review and only because my family and I have been completely and utterly disappointed in jasmine samui.
This hotel is seriously lacking in any kind of atmosphere and the lovely Thai hospitality we have experienced all over Thailand.
The women at the front desk look exhausted, miserable and have no smile to welcome you to their hotel.
The staff at the pool and hotel restaurant speak no English at all, don't smile, but are very quick to tell you that you can't bring any other food or drink to the area. We had a small bottle of their complimentary water from our room and were told we were not allowed to drink it!! My 5 year old daughter accidentally knocked her glass off the table and we were charged for the breakage!!
Every request is met with 'that will cost extra' or it all seems too hard. We asked them to make a restaurant reservation for us which was clearly too much to ask!

The pool is dirty and a boring square. So much so, that we swam at the next door pool where we were made to feel very welcome and there was so much more of a positive, fun atmosphere. Not to mention better food and cocktails!

We asked for a babysitter and were told 250 baht an hour. We agreed to this. A few hours before we headed out, reception called to tell us it is in fact 250 baht per child per hour making it 750 baht. Clearly we were not going to pay this and had to cancel our plans immediately.
Really disappointed and by far the worst place we have stayed in our 4 week Thailand holiday. Anywhere else would be better than here.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ayelet R
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a number of occasions , this time with my teenage daughter we both had a great stay this hotel just gets better, the staff are so friendly and the hotel is very clean would highly recommend this hotel for its friendliness, location, and quality

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank scubaboy-12
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Jasmine for a couple of days during April 2014. It was our second stay there. (first time was 3 years ago) This time it was even better than before. Everything about the Jasmine, from the friendliness of the staff, to service and the condition of the room, was excellent! The Jasmine is also perfectly situated in the middle of Lamai and very close to the restaurants and shops in the main road just behind the resort. We have now stayed twice at Cheweng and three times at Lamai. Although we truly enjoyed all or stays, we must be honest to admit that we prefer Lamai.
I can truly recommend this resort, from every possible point of view, and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: I would recommend one of the individual villas in the garden.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johannhu
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed as a solo at Jasmine Samui in a Deluxe Villa in May for 10 nights. I have been a regular traveller to Thailand for last 6 years and usually spend my time on Samui at Bophut or out at Koh Phangan. I stayed at Lamai this time for convenience due to family and friends staying in the area. I researched the resorts at length before deciding on Jasmine Samui. I booked direct with the resort. I must say I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with my decision. The resort is more a small boutique type affair. Beautiful gardens which the villas are set amongst . Every day the gardener worked tirelessly , watering , pruning and keeping the plants happy and in check. A little foot bridge runs through the middle , over the ponds , which house huge fish.
My villa was in the middle . It was clean and comfortable . Shampoo, conditioner , liquid soap and body lotion supplied. Well stocked mini bar and prices were not outrageous. Tea and coffee facilities and 2 free bottles of water daily. Beach towels and hairdryer provided. My villa could have done with a bit of plastering and painting inside , in some areas , that is really the only negative. Breakfast was ample and good. I also had dinner on the beach several nights and again was not disappointed with the food. Each day ( upon dusk ) the staff removed the sunloungers off the beach and set up the tables , chairs and lights . I would recommend the restaurant to anyone , not just the guests . The bar is at the end of the pool ( start of the beach ) with happy hour starting at 5pm till 10pm. It was lovely sitting on the deck there , for cocktails pre dinner. Very serene , just watching the water. And whilst some places , serve watery , too sweet cocktails, the cocktails here are excellent ! As are the pineapple shakes which were a very good refresher during the day. The staff here are also some of the most happiest and friendliest I have met in Samui.. Hardworking , dedicated. My villa was cleaned efficiently and quickly everyday. Barstaff and wait staff were fantastic. Special thanks to Moo who always ran to help me if he saw me trying to turn the beach lounger round to catch the sun. And of course the lovely ladies on reception. I didn't try the " in house massages " , so cannot comment , but did hear they were good. I like to support the area I stay in as well and got an excellent massage
every day outside the resort ( in the same street ). The resort is well placed within easy reach of everything. Resort is in a short lane way off the main street through Lamai. On the main street
you will find shops , restaurants etc. Plenty of taxis and baht buses pass by ( 20 second walk to main street ) to get you round the island and back.
Taxi to airport ( 35 mins ) 600 baht. Taxi to Chaweng ( 15mins ) 400 baht. There was a group of 9 of us that caught a baht bus to Chaweng for 500 baht. It really is what you are prepared to pay for or how hard you barter. ( Anyone coming from Melbourne will know the high prices we pay for taxis , so really its up to you and when you think about it , is it worth haggling for 3 dollars. )
All in all a very good small Resort with great food, great location ,fantastic staff and very good value for money , I did not see the other rooms or accommodation , but again heard guests were happy. . I would highly recommend this resort for singles , couples or families. Thanks again to all the dedicated staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank MargieB22
Leongatha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Along with 8 other family members we stayed at Jasmine for 2 weeks. Our son got married at a private villa called Kallyana. The Jasmine was amazing to say the least. A small family type resort with everything you need along with being so economical. I researched and researched 12 months ago and finally found the Jasmine and it was everything and more to what I expected. We had a villa however our 89 yo father had a room which was actually bigger than the villa and someways better. Either way they were both incredible. The little path down to the pool and beach was a picture with beautiful gardens and ponds either side. The pool was actually cool so you could get cool when you had a swim. Some other family members stayed in other places and their pools were warm so you couldn't cool off. The staff were amazing, so kind and thoughtful. They could not do enough for our 89 yo father. They called him "Papa" and they were there before us if he was going to fall off his chair or whatever. My daughter summed Jasmine up when she said "thankyou mum for finding a haven for us in the middle of busy Lamai. It was so peaceful". I think because of its size, attention to detail and the feeling of you "mattered" made it a place to call home while you were there. One last thing the beach was also probably one of the best spots along that stretch as we visited other top resorts at either end where our other family members were staying and Jasmine beach area was the best. Oh and their prices for food and beverage also matched their room prices, very reasonable.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms or villas are great. If you do not want to be close to the pool area then ask for a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TinaLeighLeongatha
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided on the Samui Jasmine after reading the reviews on TA and we weren't let down. Wow! What a great resort! We had a deluxe villa for 8 nights in early May and found it very spacious, clean and the air conditioning was really cool. This resort is in the best spot in Lamai. Close to everything. The beach in front of the resort was fabulous. The most appealing thing about the Jasmine is the staff. They would have to be some of the friendliest I have ever come across in all my trips to Thailand. Especially the staff by the bar and the restaurant. They couldn't do enough for you. We ate at the Jasmine Rice restaurant 4 times at night on the beach and we weren't disappointed. The food was outstanding! We enjoyed the breakfast each morning overlooking the ocean. Great choices too. I have nothing negative to say about this resort. We loved everything about it and will definitely back next year. Thanks Samui Jasmine for making our holiday so wonderful and memorable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple