Pros: amazing location on Lamai beach. We saw some of the other beaches on the island, and wouldn't have traded our location on Lamai for any other beach. The staff was very nice. Our villa was spacious. Free breakfast. Great bars and restaurants on the road parallel to the beach.
Cons: Hotel staff's English was lacking, out of all of the hotels we stayed in while in Thailand, their English was by far the weakest (I also realize that we should not expect everyone to speak perfect English, but compared to the other places we stayed... this one was at times a struggle to communicate). Hotel food was mediocre at best. There was something near the pool that smelled like a septic tank... not sure what/where it was coming from but I was glad we didn't spend time near there. Could be true for most of the resorts in the area (I have no idea) but we saw a very large cockroach in our room the last day. I realize this type of stuff happens in certain locations and climates, but it was disappointing considering we spent a good deal of money staying there.
Other notes: points about reserving lounge chairs early is true. It wasn't an issue for us because we were up at 7 almost every morning. But if you go out to the beach (at least while we were there) at 9 or 10 expecting a chair, good luck. However, one morning we did an activity and when we came back around lunch there were no chairs so we put our towels on the sand and a hotel employee came up to us about 5 minutes later and told us he had chairs for us. I have no idea if people vacated the chairs or he put them there but it was very nice of him and nice that we didn't have to spend hardly any time at all in the sand!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thai House Beach Resort is located at Lamai Beach on beautiful island of Koh Samui. Only 35 kilometers from the main land, it is easily accessible from all major airports in Thailand. Transfer time from Koh Samui airport approximately 30 minutes. Bus from Bangkok to Samui will take 12 hours. Daily Ferry Service will take one hour and half for every trip duration 08.00 am to 06.00 pm. We can arrange transport for you by the budget price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Thai House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thai House Beach Hotel Lamai Beach
- Thai Hotel Beach
- Thai House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach