My wife and I spent a week at the Beach Republic for our honeymoon in late April, early May 2011. Although the reception area is pretty basic, the staff was very polite and helpful on arrival. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, with kitchenette, private balcony, large bathroom with shower and 2 person jacuzzi tub. Our room was spacious, new and extremely quiet and clean - far exceeding our expectations. We felt like we'd stepped into a modern, tasteful boutique hotel - a welcome sight after 20 hrs of travel from the USA.
It was the low season in Koh Samui, so the hotel was pretty quiet during our stay, with maybe 15-20 other guests. The weather was fantastic. The staff and owners were extremely friendly, attentive and helpful but in an unobtrusive way. They were also very thoughtful - without any prompting, the hotel staff delivered a chocolate cake to my wife on her birthday! The breakfast buffet each morning was wonderful - a great selection of fresh fruit, omelettes made to order, fresh breads, fresh juices, etc. Other reviewers have commented that the food menu is the same every day - we find it hard to complain about anything do do with the food at Beach Republic. There was plenty of variety and the food was fresh and well prepared - a mixture of Thai and continental European. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Similarly, the bar menu was great - fresh cocktails, Thai beer and wine on offer. We recommend a freshly mixed Republic Mojito! As others have stated, the Sunday Brunch at Beach Republic is their signature event and was just amazing. The variety of food was incredible - a seemingly endless array of Thai and European dishes to sample through the day (11am-4 pm)!. Amazing.
The beach and pool area at Beach Republic are also fantastic. Just like the photos on their web site - infinity pools, pool and beach-side beds, the very essence of relaxation. The beach area is the nicest along this stretch of Lamai - we walked the entire beach. The best part about the beach area is that even at high tide you can walk for about 500 yards out into the ocean and still be in waist-high, clear, emerald green warm water.
My wife and I also really enjoyed the Spa at Beach Republic. We had a massage of one kind or another nearly every day! The staff at the spa were very friendly and helpful. At the end of our week they even gave us a small gift to say thank you!
We didn't venture too far from Beach Republic during our stay. We made a one day trip to Angthong National Park (reviewed elsewhere) - arranged by the hotel, and had dinner two nights in Chaweng. The rest of the time we were relaxing on site.
In summary - we'd highly recommend Beach Republic and would definitely go back there on a future holiday - perhaps staying longer next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TravelUp and Expedia so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach