I was a little hesitant to stay here because I worried it would be too preppy/douchey of a vibe, but I was very pleasantly surprised.
Stayed here just after New Year. Really enjoyed the stay.
The hotel is in a pretty nice location. I liked that I could take the shuttle to many different places in Lamai and easily take it back. The driver was always on time. Just wish it ran a little later.
The room was flawless. Without a doubt, one of the most spectacular rooms in this price category that I have ever been a guest at in nearly 1 million miles of international and domestic travel. The balcony afforded unbelievable sunset views. The spa bath is an excellent touch, and the loungers were the perfect place to have a cigar at sunset.
The beach itself is a little small, but nice. Very safe water/currents. The clubhouse and the patio/pool/lounger area is PERFECT. I spent almost two entire days lounging there, which I was not expecting. Service is impeccable. Music is so, so nice. The DJ does an excellent job picking relaxing music (think Bonobo, Thievery Corp, Aphex Twin, etc.) I will suffice it to say that I cannot say enough good things about the atmosphere near the beach.
The food is excellent. Eat breakfasts here and try at least one dinner.
Service was also almost flawless. They forgot me at the clubhouse while I was waiting for an early check-in, but I didn't mind too much. The rest of my time there, the staff went far out of their way to help me with anything I needed.
I would recommend highly for couples, maybe not so much for singles. Everyone here was a couple. People were surprised that I was staying there solo and I did feel like most of the venue was geared exclusively to couples. If you want to eat dinner at the clubhouse, be prepared to feel a little lonely. :>
If I am ever back on Koh Samui, I will definitely book another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach