“Excellent value, excellent experience”

Beach Republic The Residences
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent value, excellent experience”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was a little hesitant to stay here because I worried it would be too preppy/douchey of a vibe, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Stayed here just after New Year. Really enjoyed the stay.

The hotel is in a pretty nice location. I liked that I could take the shuttle to many different places in Lamai and easily take it back. The driver was always on time. Just wish it ran a little later.

The room was flawless. Without a doubt, one of the most spectacular rooms in this price category that I have ever been a guest at in nearly 1 million miles of international and domestic travel. The balcony afforded unbelievable sunset views. The spa bath is an excellent touch, and the loungers were the perfect place to have a cigar at sunset.

The beach itself is a little small, but nice. Very safe water/currents. The clubhouse and the patio/pool/lounger area is PERFECT. I spent almost two entire days lounging there, which I was not expecting. Service is impeccable. Music is so, so nice. The DJ does an excellent job picking relaxing music (think Bonobo, Thievery Corp, Aphex Twin, etc.) I will suffice it to say that I cannot say enough good things about the atmosphere near the beach.

The food is excellent. Eat breakfasts here and try at least one dinner.

Service was also almost flawless. They forgot me at the clubhouse while I was waiting for an early check-in, but I didn't mind too much. The rest of my time there, the staff went far out of their way to help me with anything I needed.

I would recommend highly for couples, maybe not so much for singles. Everyone here was a couple. People were surprised that I was staying there solo and I did feel like most of the venue was geared exclusively to couples. If you want to eat dinner at the clubhouse, be prepared to feel a little lonely. :>

If I am ever back on Koh Samui, I will definitely book another stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 May 2013

For 5 years of living in Thailand I've been around many places, but this one remains the best I've seen so far!

Whenever you are a single-travelling backpacker, or young couple, or a family with small kids - you will enjoy Beach Republic till the very last moment of your stay. The place features a unique atmosphere of European fanciest sea lounges, combined with magnificent sea views of the Gulf of Thailand and, of course famous Asian hospitality. In addition, Beach Republic can boast one of the best SPAs in Thailand (which is, by the way, quite cheap given the quality of service).

Accommodation is professionally designed and kept in very good condition. Staff is very caring and attentive to guests. Plus, the place is located closely enough to all areas of interest, which is quite handful if you travel with kids.

The only drawback we faced was the lack of noise isolation from the neighboring room. Thus having noisy neighbors can be quite irritating.

Nevertheless, I will definitely return here and recommend this place to my friends.
Taras

Room Tip: If you stay with small kids - choose the suite room. It's much easier to make it child-safe.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed only 2 nights there (club suite, smallest among wide range of room types). As my friend chose and booked the hotel, I did not have much information about the hotel until I reached there one day later than my friend. But once I experienced this hotel, I love it and would like to stay again, longer next time, because...

Transfer between hotel and airport were not overpriced (means same as taxi outside. Remember everything is overpriced in Samui) and free shuttle bus to Chaweng was available
Room was very clean and spacious and had small kitchen (you can cook, cut fruits, make coffee and tea)
Quality of bed and pillow (having choices!) were higher than other hotels of the same price level
Several bottles of complimentary drinking water were provided every day (only 1-2 per person in other hotels)
Plenty of welcoming fruit and yummy sweets brought in every day were good for late evening snack
Quiet beach was what I want even a bit far from town
Spacious sun bed, sea breeze and music played by DJ were for real relaxation
Herbal steam sauna and spa (enjoyed head massage with coconut oil) were so good
Quality of service by Thai staffs were beyond expectation (not easy to find such well-trained staff in Thailand)
Nice food and view of the restaurant (Sunday brunch was amazing, may skip breakfast and get discount for Sunday brunch!)

Facility, food, service, etc. were worth more than I paid!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

2 bed penthouse = amazing

Beautiful room, very clean and spacious very modern with free wifi and docking speakers. Daily treats were also delivered to our room along with a pillow menu made our stay very pleasant :)

Free transfer with our room and drinks on pick up at the airport was very welcoming.

Our only disappointments were some service issues mainly at breakfast orders were mixed up and came out all scattered just seemed to get lost in translation what had been ordered - not to fault the wonderful staff but the manager needed to take more action not just yell at everyone making the mistakes perhaps come and clarify with us what had gone wrong as sending the wrong food back didn't help with getting what u ordered and by the last morning we just took whatever food came out to avoid dramas.

Needless to say the food was very good and the best breakfast I have had in Thailand. Having freshly made breakfast was a nice touch of luxury.

My partner and I stayed with another couple so the penthouse was perfect for us. Well equipped kitchen we whipped up cocktails in the blender and floated around our pool on the balcony. The convenience store next to the hotel was very handy for snacks and drinks

not overly far from chaweng we would get ready for our night out before heading in so we didn't have to travel back and forth. The hotel had a car doing transfers for the same price as a taxi as well as free shuttles.

Staff were all very friendly did have some issues checking out took a long time to settle the bill as we were overcharged from the restaurant. But the staff at reception spoke very good English.

all in all we loved our stay and will definitely return again and recommend the penthouse to others.

• Stayed April 2013
BeachRepublicGM, General Manager at Beach Republic The Residences, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear reviewer. Thank you for taking your time to leave your comments here. I'm very happy and proud to read all the good comments and feedback. I understand your concerns about the quality of service and management in relation to the breakfast. I'm really sorry about this! Since your visit we have changed our management both in the kitchen and restaurant. When you stayed with us we also had just started our new upgraded breakfast and at the same time we had introduced a new order system. It was a time of change, but its much better now. And when the new team is settled in and the new menu and order system are fine tuned, we will be even better. I'm confident we can show you a great improvement upon your next visit. Thank you and I look forward to personally welcoming you back!
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A very stylish Beach resort with a fantastic outdoor bar/lounge/restaurant area facing a shallow lagoon which stretches out a fair distance.

Suite style rooms a bit far away from the lounge but very spacious, well styled and comfortable. Very clean and the beds and pillows extremely comfortable.

The food at the restaurant is very good and the Lamb Massaman is highly recommended.
The Sunday Brunch is advertised heavly, but not as outstanding as expected with a rather limited spread.

The highlight is the beautiful out door lounge area which is decked in colours of cane, white and the hotel's trademark Red. Fabulous for relaxing on the sunbeds and sheathed beds facing an open and unpopulated beac and sea scene.

Services levels for the rooms as well as the restaurant are very good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gishanka
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We book a day promotion at Beach Republic which included lunch, a massage, use of the fitness centre and lounging at the pool. Food and massage were excellent plus relaxing at the pool with great see view & music was great!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We arrived on Sunday to an efficient pickup and check-in and took advantage of the great brunch overlooking the beach. That set the scene for this holiday. We have stayed in quite a few nice places in SE Asia and this is a highlight. A beautiful pool villa with friendly attentive staff, long safe beach and great food is hard to beat. We loved stepping from the bedroom into our pool. Very luxurious.

• Stayed April 2013
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#2 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Beach Republic The Residences? Share your experiences!