“Forever a loyal Citizen of Beach Republic”

Beach Republic The Residences
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Brisbane, Australia.
“Forever a loyal Citizen of Beach Republic”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Beach Republic, Lamai, will forever hold a special place in my heart. I have just returned home from a fantastic stay - 5 nights in this amazing resort - and I cannot stop thinking about my time here, in fact, I am counting down the days until I can return.
Firstly, we arrived 3 hours before check-in time, and were greeted by a most lovely Front of House Manager, who made us a very, very welcome and refreshing arrival drink, and organised for us and our bags to be escorted to our room. The check-in process was smooth, efficient, and communication was not a barrier at all.
Our room, a one-bedroom superior suite, was amazing. Clean, spacious and a great bathroom. I really appreciated the small little touches that the resort goes to, such as a special treat left in the kitchen each night along with a daily newsletter. It felt very welcoming and was total value for money.

The pool area was incredible; two infinity pools and lots of sun lounges and cosy beachside beds, where many happy hours could be spent! I have read some complaints about the pool being some distance from the room - it is only a 2-3 minute walk - not exactly far, and less noise disturbance. I think it was absolutely ideal. The restaurant was great - we ate a few lunches around the pool (the khao soi is to die for!) and the breakfast was really quite good. I usually skip breakfast at home, but as a Citizen of the Republic, I couldn't wait to get freshly prepared crepes or pancakes, as well as organic eggs anyway you like. The buffet had a really nice selection of hot and cold, Western and Asian, treats.

Sunday brunch was memorable. Usually, I never stay in the resort/hotel for the day, preferring to travel the city and experience adventure, however, for Beach Republic's famous Sunday Brunch, I stayed all day and most of the night. The food was incredible and such great value for the price. So many food stations, expertly prepared and such attention to detail. I loved it and will always remember it.

The most defining feature of Beach Republic is the staff. I have never felt so welcomed, and almost part of the family, whilst travelling. There was more than just the nod and "how are you" which you get at a lot of other places. The staff cared for us and always chatted to us, and were quick to solve any (very minor) issues we may have had. I have to give a massive shout at to Phu. He is amazing, and seeing him so happy at the Brunch was infectious! He made such an effort to chat with us and always ensured we were happy. I will always remember him! Thien was also another wonderful asset to the resort. He was prompt and efficient and always smiling. He felt like a loyal friend. DJ Dan Cook was also unreal, and very accommodating of all the guests wanting photos and long chats whilst he mixed. Sun, Claire, Aung and Christine were also amazing, as were the groundstaff, of whom I forget the names of, my apologies.

I was really touched by my time at Beach Republic, and whilst it might be a bit of the action from downtown Lamai, there is a simple fix - hire a scooter if you don't like to walk. The beach is shallow, but the best beach on the island in my opinion is Chaweng Noi, not Lamai anyway.

I cannot wait to come back, it was just such an amazing experience, and the best money I have paid for accommodation in my 4 trips to Asia. Thank you so much, Beach Republic!

Paul.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulBris1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 8 days here, an excellent holiday, ranging from chilling, shopping to nearby tours.
The staff here make all the difference between a good holiday and a great holiday.
Restaurant manager Clare was always keen to attend to your needs and kept everything humming along in the restaurant and in the beach club.
Christina is the customer relations manager, is very professional & friendly and does a great job.
Lek is the Thai assistant restaurant manager, and she is an absolute gem. So friendly, and efficient,
Apple is a senior restaurant waitress, a delight and very endearing.
These two ladies made our holiday an experience we will never forget.
Leaving was quite emotional.
We made an effort to communicate in Thai and the girls made us feel part of the resort family.
A vast number of other tourists were rude, demanding and inconsiderate of others.
We would visit agin just to see Lek and Apple
Phu, a poolside waiter, was also terrific and very cool, loved interacting with the "nice guests", (his comments)
He was always bopping away to the music, and seemed to know what we wanted before we did
Transport was outstanding, concierge service excellent, all of the staff responded warmly to a clumsy Australian "Sawarsdee Krupp".
This is a terrific location, within easy distance of Lamai beach and Chaweng beach.
Lamai has a night market, numerous restaurants and a great Sunday night walking market.
Chaweng is not far the other way and has a larger market.
There are lots of nearby restaurants to suit all tastes and wallets. The resort itself is centred around the beach club and restaurant.
It is very popular for weddings and the Sunday brunch.
The rooms are a bit further away, a short walk from the restaurant and bar.
Food and drink Prices are not cheap, but good quality.
Good package deals are available to provide good value accommodation.
Keep up the good work guys, Ken, Cathy and Clare.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ken P
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were there for 8 nights. Had a great time. Loved the resort and the staff. We went for a relaxing holiday and that's what we had. Loved the Sunday brunch. The atmosphere around the pool was great all the staff are very friendly and anything you wanted they were there . The staff is what makes a great holiday ,they can make all the difference. These staff members went out of there way to make our holiday memorable Lek, Phu, Than, Terry, Tip, Thong not sure if thats his name but he is an older man that is the tall thin gardener.We had a conversation with him every morning. And we better not forget Claire, she always had time to make sure everything was ok. We can't wait to go back. Jenny and David Hannah.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank vatma
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My sister got married at beach republic in feb 2014, it was the cherry on top of a great vacation. There was aprox 35 people in our group, and I think everyone would agree the service was top notch. They went the extra mile at this resort. I may have the wrong name here but Claire the food and beverage manager and Julie the manager were great along with all their staff. The part of the resort we were in ( by the pools and reception area also the beach) were beautiful and clean. It was great everyone at the pools and beach clapped and cheered after the wedding. What a good group of guest as well. Good times.

• Stayed February 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We got married with 35 our closest friends & family on Valentines Day 2014 at Beach Republic. The wedding was amazing! Julie is beyond GREAT at her job. She took care of every last possible detail and never once did we have any problems. The property lends its self well to a wedding. We had a traditional Thai ceremony with monks in a balcony over looking the ocean & then made our way to the beautiful beach ceremony. The decorations & flowers were amazing and no detail was forgotten! Truly a stress-free day for all of us. I love that Julie clearly understood my needs and I am go grateful we didn't have to contend with any language barriers on such an important day, yet, the Thai spirit was completely captured in every aspect of the wedding.

Thank you to Claire as well who ran the food service. THE BEST food I had in Thailand, complete with an actual spring roll station! Apple was attentive to every single guest. We still talk about how sweet and amazing she was. The team had every possible problem solved before they even became an issue.

The reception was set up beautifully and the DJ, Dan, worked in so many of our songs (we gave him on a CD just an hour before the ceremony). The fireworks were breathtaking, so glad we went with them. The photographer & videographer Julie set up for us were professional & went over & above for us.

Julie and her staff truly run a well oiled machine. Unfortunately, our one mistake was that we did not actually stay at Beach Republic but will definitely change that next time we go to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: A beautiful resort, cool beach vibes played by a great DJ. The staff are amazing! Wonderful place f...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a great time with my family! Service is great, nice people and they really take care of you. If you ask if they have something at breakfast they will fix it the next day! Only disadvantage I saw were the day people who get drunk and make a lot of noise. Also the waiters will be nice to people who drink alcohol. So if you don't drink they think they will not get any tip so they will ignore you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've just returned from a trip to the Beach Republic, where my son and his bride had organised their wedding. It was absolutely wonderful. The care and organisation by the team was amazing, and the previously tense bride was seen to noticeably relax and worry about having nothing to do instead! The ceremony on the beach was brilliant, with a beautiful blue sea providing a perfect backdrop.

The happy couple were totally spoiled, they spent their wedding night in the most amazing penthouse suite. Even the 'normal' rooms were huge and well equipped, and lovely and clean. Food was great, with lots of choice ranging from European through to Thai curries.

A beautiful way to start their married life, and many thanks to everyone at the resort.

Room Tip: I'm not sure it makes any difference whether you have a hotel room or one of the cabins, they al...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,030 reviews

Been to Beach Republic The Residences? Share your experiences!