Beach Republic, Lamai, will forever hold a special place in my heart. I have just returned home from a fantastic stay - 5 nights in this amazing resort - and I cannot stop thinking about my time here, in fact, I am counting down the days until I can return.
Firstly, we arrived 3 hours before check-in time, and were greeted by a most lovely Front of House Manager, who made us a very, very welcome and refreshing arrival drink, and organised for us and our bags to be escorted to our room. The check-in process was smooth, efficient, and communication was not a barrier at all.
Our room, a one-bedroom superior suite, was amazing. Clean, spacious and a great bathroom. I really appreciated the small little touches that the resort goes to, such as a special treat left in the kitchen each night along with a daily newsletter. It felt very welcoming and was total value for money.
The pool area was incredible; two infinity pools and lots of sun lounges and cosy beachside beds, where many happy hours could be spent! I have read some complaints about the pool being some distance from the room - it is only a 2-3 minute walk - not exactly far, and less noise disturbance. I think it was absolutely ideal. The restaurant was great - we ate a few lunches around the pool (the khao soi is to die for!) and the breakfast was really quite good. I usually skip breakfast at home, but as a Citizen of the Republic, I couldn't wait to get freshly prepared crepes or pancakes, as well as organic eggs anyway you like. The buffet had a really nice selection of hot and cold, Western and Asian, treats.
Sunday brunch was memorable. Usually, I never stay in the resort/hotel for the day, preferring to travel the city and experience adventure, however, for Beach Republic's famous Sunday Brunch, I stayed all day and most of the night. The food was incredible and such great value for the price. So many food stations, expertly prepared and such attention to detail. I loved it and will always remember it.
The most defining feature of Beach Republic is the staff. I have never felt so welcomed, and almost part of the family, whilst travelling. There was more than just the nod and "how are you" which you get at a lot of other places. The staff cared for us and always chatted to us, and were quick to solve any (very minor) issues we may have had. I have to give a massive shout at to Phu. He is amazing, and seeing him so happy at the Brunch was infectious! He made such an effort to chat with us and always ensured we were happy. I will always remember him! Thien was also another wonderful asset to the resort. He was prompt and efficient and always smiling. He felt like a loyal friend. DJ Dan Cook was also unreal, and very accommodating of all the guests wanting photos and long chats whilst he mixed. Sun, Claire, Aung and Christine were also amazing, as were the groundstaff, of whom I forget the names of, my apologies.
I was really touched by my time at Beach Republic, and whilst it might be a bit of the action from downtown Lamai, there is a simple fix - hire a scooter if you don't like to walk. The beach is shallow, but the best beach on the island in my opinion is Chaweng Noi, not Lamai anyway.
I cannot wait to come back, it was just such an amazing experience, and the best money I have paid for accommodation in my 4 trips to Asia. Thank you so much, Beach Republic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your choice of deluxe one, two or four bedroom villas, stunning penthouses, and spacious suites. The villas and the penthouses have private chemical and salt water-free pools and all units are afforded the comforts of home with kitchens, coffee and tea making facilities, iPod docks, and free WiFi in every room. Guests enjoy privileged access to Samui's premier beach destination - the Beach Republic Ocean Club featuring fine dining, superb wines, fitness room, and the Asian Fusion Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelbag, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Republic The Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Republic The Residences Hotel Lamai Beach
- Beach Republic The Residences Ko Samui/Lamai Beach