“Very nice resort”
Review of Samui Beach Resort

Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Apon my arrival i was greeted by 3 very friendly staff. Checked in and shown my room. Very happy with both its appearance and size. John the manager appeared after a short while and gave me a guided tour and was happy to spend some time answering my questions. Found the pool to be very clean and a pleasure to be in. The beach started at the back of the hotel and was beautiful with superb clear blue water.The food cooked in the restaurant was always very good and was served so quickly after the order had been placed with the prices being very reasonable. The hotel had its own motorbikes available for rent at a competitive .Overall very pleased with my choice and it was always busy. Night life was less than a 10 min walk along the beach or a 5 min motorbike ride away. Would like to say a big thanks to all the staff and especially John the manager who always had time for me when asking advice. Will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Talk to John
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Samui Beach Resort

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Me and the boyfriend thought we would treat ourselves to an airconditioned standard room as it was very well priced for us (been travelling for 2.5 months staying in fan rooms). We arrived the day before the thai new year to be greeted by John who is the friendliest, well knowledged and loveliest Manager. John advised us, that as it was fully booked they had upgraded our booking to the best they had which is the glass front rooms you see in the pictures. We couldn't thank him enough and did not want to leave the room. This room is the most amazing room I think I have ever stayed in. The room was the closest one to the restaurant and we did not hear any noise what so ever. There is nothing I can say bad about this room apart from maybe they should think about building a slide that goes from the balcony to the pool :) We then decided to extend our stay unfortunately the glass front rooms were booked out so we moved to a bungalow instead which is still very nice. The rooms all come with drinking water, tea/coffee making facilities, towels, fridge, hot water and are made up every day.

The restaurant is very reasonably priced and the staff there are very happy and welcoming.

The pool area is right in front of the beach so you have the choice of sun beds on the beach or infront of the pool. There is also a few huts with foam beds in if you cant find any shade on the beach. They have so many sun loungers to choose from so no need to get up early to put your towel out to reserve it :) The beach is lovely golden sand and the sea is warm but still refreshing and you can snorkel and see marine life right in front of the hotel

The location is fantastic if you want a chilled out area or if you want something a little busier scooter hire is just 200 bht for 24 hours. We hired a scooter and did not find a better place that we wanted to stay. Chaweng is nice to go to for the day to see something different and do some shopping.

I can not recommend Samui beach resort enough. If I ever come back to koh samui I would def be staying back in this hotel. Thank you so much to all the staff there for making it such an enjoyable stay :)

Room Tip: If you can afford the glass front rooms...book them!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 83niki
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My friend and I booked a room here originally for 4 nights. We loved it so much we stayed another 4 nights.
The hotel is in an amazing beach front location! Pool is lovely and very modern.
The food here was also really good and very reasonable!
Chicken & cashew was soo yum!
The staff really made us feel at home and couldn't do enough to help us.
An English guy who over saw the place, John, was great and gave us lots of pointers on the local area. Really helped us get to know the place and make the most of our time here. Whether we wanted a crazy night drinking at a beach bar or an amazing meal and some true Thai cuisine, he pointed us in the right direction!
This is somewhere I would thoroughly reccomend and will be staying again later in the year!

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Travelled around Thailand and this resort was the best value for money.the rooms are clean and offer coffee and tea in rooms.John,the manager,was always visible and very helpful.the restaurant serves delicious food.Direct access to a clean beach and swimming pool.highly recommend this resort if you are considering a holiday in Koh Samui.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Fantastic hotel for very reasonable price couldn't ask for any better..hotel staff lovely, especially hotel manager John, he was extremely helpful to me and my friends went out of his way on a few occasions to make our experience as best as possible. Will definitely be back...loved it

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This resort offers more than what you pay for with helpful and friendly staff and a very relaxed vibe that makes your stay comfortable. The beach is also clean and the water is deep with plenty of little fish. And no sharp coral. It also has a bar with fair priced cocktails. I would recommend the mojito.

2  Thank Kinbuc G
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Spent some wonderful days here.
Rocked up in Lamai and headed to this hotel after meeting a German couple who recommended it to us.
After agreeing a very reasonable price (we're travelling for a while) we were impressed by the cleanliness and luxurious look of our en-suite room. These are regularly cleaned and many extras are provided by the hotel as if it were a 5-star back home. None of the money grabbing, hustling nature that some of the Bangkok hotels have.

But the most incredible feature of this resort is undoubtedly THE LOCATION! It opens out onto a beautiful beach with lovely calm, warm waters. It's about 5 minutes down the road from central Lamai where the bars and restaurants are so it's nice and quiet. Also around the
corner is a really chilled reggae bar called the rock which I would recommend.

I should give special thanks to an English fella called Jon who works here. He couldn't do enough to help us while we were here and made us feel really at home at the hotel. It's worth speaking to him while you're there because he's been in Thailand for so long that he has a fantastic knowledge of the country.

So I would strongly recommend this beautiful hotel!

3  Thank Siymmm