“Can't believe you can get all that for such a low price”
Review of Samui Beach Resort

Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Maribor, Slovenia
“Can't believe you can get all that for such a low price”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location right on the beach. Restaurant offers good food
Staff was very helpful, rooms were cleaned every day and there is a nice pool.
They rent motorbikes for good price and aren't trying to scam you for scratches (common scam on the island).

Could be closer to the Lamai center (but isn't too far).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in August and loved every minute. We had a bungalow and the bed was just amazing, so big! The air con was amazing the shower was lovely. Just a few steps from the beach and the resorts restaurant was affordable with great food. The staff were great and always really friendly and helpful, we rented a motorbike from the resort too. I can't praise this place enough, a lovely stay!

Stayed August 2014
Viersen
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had a Great Time at samui Beach resort. The owner was a friendly netherlands Guy and the ladies at the reception were really helpful. We got a free room upgrade because the small rooms were already taken. Everyday our room was cleaned well and we got free drinking water, coffee and tea.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Simon688vie
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week in a fan room. The resort is very nice at the quiet end of the beach with a pool and a bunch of loungers. The food at the restaurant is average and overpriced (compared to our other travels in Asia), but so is every restaurant on Lamai Beach. Sunflower Cafe (go out to the main street and turn right, walk maybe 50 meters and it is on the opposite side of the road) has better breakfast and lunch for half the price. The fan rooms are small but comfortable, but the price is great. We were here for the resort, not the room itself.

Like I said already, the resort is located at the quiet end of the beach. The walk to town is maybe 20 minutes along the beach, which isn't the worst commute I've ever had! I guess this is a plus or a minus depending on what you're looking for; we were looking for a relaxing place to stay, so it was perfect for us.

I have three complaints: one is that on our first night the bathroom drain backed up and brought in a lot of dirt (not sewage, this is the drain that drains the shower water to the outside). Their solution was to wash the dirt back down the drain since they didn't have other fan rooms to put us in. Eventually, with enough complaining, they moved us to a different room for the night and fixed the problem. It didn't happen again after that. I just think this is bad customer service to not immediately change our room. This is really just a first-impressions thing.

The second is that the staff in the restaurant are maybe not the most professional at all times. The first time I tried to get beach towels they said they were THB 50, even though I had been told they were free. They then laughed at me when I tried to tell them that I was told they were free. Again, this is a first-impressions thing. Outside of those two employees the staff were friendly and professional.

The third complaint is that they play too many sad love songs at the restaurant. This eventually drove us to not eat there. We are on vacation; something more upbeat would be appropriate. :)

In the end my complaints are relatively minor (not enough to ruin our stay) and may not even happen to you. I have no problem recommending the resort. For the price, the fan rooms are tough to beat!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I just booked my third night here. I love it so much I keep extending my stay. The rooms are great, and they are surrounded by peaceful gardens. The swimming pool is excellent, and the beach is just steps away. Also, I found an incredible massage therapist just across the main road. It's called Best Massage Kanya. She is very professional and has helped my leg and back pain tremendously. Between this great, affordable resort and close access to one of the best massages I've ever had, I might never leave!!! It's a great place for relaxing, but not so much a party place. If you're wanting to party try Chaweng Beach, but this is the perfect place to chill.

• Stayed July 2014
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It's second time we visit this resort.we stayed between 14th till 24th june.Manager is so kind.he help me for booking this resort with special price.calm and peace resort.it's the best place for relaxation in samui without doubt. Recommended 100%.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank epn13
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and its a great wee resort nice pool and the beach is great as well. The rooms are nice and very friendly staff and its not that expensive. The only bad thing was the bar closes to early but you are not that far from town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo