It was a fine hotel for us to sleep, shower, and eat. Like everyone's been complaining about it is on the other side of the main road, the beach being on the other side, but you're getting an awesome deal for the villas, and you're away from all the noise of the parties. If you can hear the traffic from the villas then it sucks to be you. We heard nothing. Decide what's more important to you, but don't complain about your own decision. If you stay here you should probably get a motorbike or be prepared to take taxis. The resort is also on a hill so you may want to request a villa closer to reception. The restaurant is boss and the pool is alright. Though they don't keep alcohol at the swim-up bar, you can easily flag them at the restaurant and they'll bring everything to you. If you plan on staying at the hotel all day, I don't know why you would do such a thing, you will get bored. The only thing I found annoying was that you have to sign-in and out for a towel at reception each time. Otherwise, Nina at reception is very helpful and if you're nice she will go above and beyond to get you what you need. If you plan on walking down to the beach and strip of bars and restaurants it's approximately 15-minutes.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I don't know why it says "formerly Serene Hill Resort", but I was just there for the first two weeks of April 2014 and it's definitely STILL "Serene Hill Resort". DO NOT make this mistake and look up "Searine Samui" on Google maps when going there. There sign still reads "Serene Hill Resort" and using "Searine" will take you somewhere else. You will be annoyed, and sweaty. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Searine Boutique Resort on Koh Samui is situated on a hill with great views of the ocean, while only 10min walk from Lamai's famous beaches. Our villas are made from teak wood and surrounded by beautiful landscapes, trees and gardens that shall give you the tropical jungle sense. Amidst this amazing scenery there's an elevated roundly-shaped swimming pool with waterfalls. The staff is always ready and happy to serve you with a smile! Enjoy staying with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Searine Samui Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serene Hill Hotel Koh Samui
- Searine Samui Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach