Hotel is in nice setting away from main resort up in hillside.
Only a 10 min walk to the resort though.
Resort itself is Lamai - not great - centre of the 'girly bars' and noisy at night. Beach ok but not very clean. Wouldn't recommend it at all.
Back to the hotel
Pool amazing - large and beautiful, and wooden villas also great.
rooms clean and comfy.
couple of things to note - when we were there the restaurant wasn't as per the website description - no sign of head chef and his signature dish - very basic cooking done by hotel staff and menu - although nice - not extensive-Burgers, sandwiches and pad thai and green curry was about all you could get.
Breakfast very basic but ok. and again although menu not extensive what they did cook was good.
Had a huge cocktail list but the only spirit they actually had was white rum so couldn't get most of them.
The poolside bar was closed and some of the sunbeds stacked up there so obviously closed for some time.
Can't comment on spa as didn't use it - prices expensive compared with rest of massages etc offered throughout Thailand - BUT - not expensive when compared to the UK.
Having said all that we had a very good rate the wooden villas on special offer when we were there - so worked out at £16 per night for the villa!
And not many people there so had pool virtually to ourselves for the 5 days we were there.
Would we go back again? - Probably not as we've been there and done it and we didn't like the resort - but if need a couple of nights in Koi Samui - then go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is situated on the mountain with great view of the ocean. Our resort comes with full spa facilities with over 30 treatments at affordable prices. We have been awarded the best spa by the department of health. All our villas are made from teak wood, and surrounded by beautiful landscapes and trees. We have a huge swimming pool with water fall, overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Searine Samui Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serene Hill Hotel Koh Samui
- Searine Samui Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach