“Great pit stop”
Review of Bill Resort

Bill Resort
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Plain and simple resort. Doesnt try too hard, enjoys great beach location.

I really enjoyed my 5 night stay at bill resort. The staff were friendly and helpful and seemed to work every hour of the day.

The position on the beach was Great but the sand was harsh on Your feet - so unless you have hardy feet, wear flippy floppies!

Food for breakfast was buffetstyle and at least one different dish a day. The fruit was plentiful and fresh.

Dinner overlooking the bay was great. The food was fresh and tasty but by no means the best thai id eaten but much better than a pricey resort we tried.

If you want clean, affordable and relaxing accommodation in a great setting then bill is for you!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We went here with fairly low expectations. The pool, beach and restaurant areas surprised us very pleasantly. The beach and pool were clean, there was no one putting towels on subbeds at the crack of dawn, the food was nice and plentiful, drinks were cool and refreshing, staff were pleasant. The one thing I didn't like were 3 or 4 dogs roaming. I think they were pets (one had a collar on)- they didn't really bark and I didn't see any go for anyone but they were inquisitive and didn't really respond to a 'no'.... I didn't like it but other guest petted them...

Free wifi in the reception/pool/restaurant areas. Prob reaches to beach but didn't try. None in the rooms but this wasn't a prob for us (some rooms closer to the reception/pool may have it)

Our room was fine (305), nothing spectacular, we didn't spend much time there. Fairly basic but was clean and had a balcony with clothes dryer. Free bottled water was provided daily. Sheets and towels were changed daily (in my opinion excessive) and all the towels and sheets were fresh and clean. They gave you towels for the room and also for beach/pool (with a handy bag to carry them!). I'm sure some of the more modern rooms are nicer, but I loved our bungalow in the trees (almost felt like a tree house).. A few steps to get up but for us not a problem. Really felt like we were in the jungle and felt very private.

The sea was a bit cloudy to snorkel, as is the same along lamai and chaweng. Really nice spot though. Definitely worth getting up for a sunrise as east facing.

There is a great cake shop close by called lolamui, also found on trip advisor. Well worth a visit. Also Kob Thai is walking distance, and delicious for dinner. The hotel will take you there for 200bt

We found food at bills great, especially the chicken and coconut soup and for pudding banana in coconut milk. Breakfast was great - just enough choice to find something you wanted. Watermelon and pineapple and bananas just amazing.

So, I'd definitely return here / recommend to a friend on a budget. If I had a bit more to spend I might go somewhere a bit smaller, but that's just a personal preference. Definitely great value for money. Don't expect the world and you'll probably be more than happy here in your hols if all you want to do is unwind and relax - that's exactly what we did.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank cryschuchimac
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I just want to say that this "resort" was an awful experience. Money was stolen from luggage inside the bungalow, I saw the staff (cleaning women and gardener) when I came back from the beach, pretending that she was cleaning the bungalow, then leaving very quickly. I found money was stolen, reported to reception, to the manager etc - no help at all, no interest etc. the loss of money was bad, the unacceptable behavior of the reception staff and owner / director who refused to help was even worse. Cannot at all recommend this hotel. very bad. don't go there

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank sam120pp
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

In Koh Samui this is a quiet and great place to relax. Nice bungalows, clean and peacefull beach. Nice swimming pool area. Good restaurant. Not too far from Seatrans ferry harbour (about 15 mins by car).
Location a bit far from shops and restaurants - I recommend you hire a motorbike from the resort so you can go easily and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TapioT
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Firstly, id like to say that its not luxury 5* resort, so dont expect too much. but for 3* hotel on the first line of the beach - its one of the best option (and i guess not only in Lamai beach).
"+"
- the territory is very green and all the buildings and bungalow are surrounding by palms and other tropical trees,
- rent-a-bike service, very close to 7-Eleven, massage "salon" (on open terrace), good pool (illuminated during all night), reasonable prices for the restaurant (everything i ordered was tasty and portions were big)
- very clean beach. in front of the hotel on the both side there are few rocks which separated the rest of the beach and make the beach kind of private for the hotel.
- i had very nice balcony with sea view

"-"
- everything in the room is made from wooden, very grating bed and not so comfortable
- towels seam to be very old and washing off
- simple bath amenities
- free wifi only at the reception
- to get to bar street - only by taxi or bike

To sum up all the impression: Probably will choose the same hotel if coma back to Samui. one of the best option for budget travel, standard breakfasts, definitely will feel like in a tropical oasis, first line of the beach.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank T_Julia_Travel
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The resort itself is kind of built on a hillside and you can few it in one of two ways depending on your point of view.

You can consider the resort quaint and close to nature and integrated with surroundings.
Or... You can consider it rundown and worn with basic accommodations and facilities.

I suppose it is great for those on a budget who will only use the room for a sleeping location and will spend more time on the beach and other attractions.

I stayed in a bungalow for one night. The room was 15 feet by 13 feet including the bathroom. Basic furniture with the lacquer peeling off in places. The bed was a low platform with a 6 inch memory foam mattress. The sheets were clean but worn.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it to friends but the price is good so set your expectation accordingly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a great experience at Bill resort. We stayed in room 206 for three nights and the room wasn't the nicest but it was very clean and worked for our budget. The housekeeping staff was great - we didn't want anyone to clean our room so they left toilet paper, fresh towels, sheets and complementary bottled water outside our room! The Beach is a hop away from the pool (which has a tub with jets and cold water! so nice!) and very refreshing! Bring sandals as the sand is fairly coarse. The restaurant is a tad bit pricey but the food is fairly good. You'd be better off walking a few resorts over on the beach to the Black Pearl. The massage parlour is fantastic although I HIGHLY recommend you do not get the manicure or pedicure there. You basically pay for them to buff and paint your nails, and my attendant made my cuticles bleed - more than just slightly. It was very painful! My girlfriend and I went to get mani pedis and she didn't even get a foot or hand rub. The massages are great though! On our last night we stayed in bungalow 613 - recommend this one but see if you can barter it down to a cheaper price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple