Let me start by saying that I am travelling with my 21 year old daughter so a place needs to attend to both our requirements. I am a writer so a place with views is a bonus. Varinda is located up a small hill off one of the main roads so perfect for a 5 min stroll whenever the need takes you. For those of you who are tesco fans, there is one.
The rooms are very spacious and well equipped inc. a hairdryer. Good cable tv and wifi is available in the public areas, signal good. You can of course have wifi in your room, just purchase a card with so many mins or hrs on it. The only problem with this resort would be that is does not cater for anyone who is unable to use steps as it is a multi-level design.
Infinity pool on one level, open view over bay style dining room. A smaller pool linked to main pool by slide.
Above dining room there is a huge, again open view lounging/reading room, lots of chairs and a hammock. The whole place has a unique feel to it with the style of interior design. I found it be be fun, interesting.
The staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble, if you need to talk to reception about housekeeping then it is done there and then and housekeeping responds immediately. I needed some water and when I returned to my room it was there.
The food should suit adult and child whether you are looking for something simple such as pizza or bolognese or a thai curry the kitchen produce an excellent meal. They actually lisen to your requirements. I do recommend the seafood pizza!
The beach runs pararell with the street and is clean and family friendly.
The street below is busy with everything you might be looking for: restaurants, bars, live kick boxing, shops selling everything inc plug adaptors.
All in all I would return to this place again as I managed to write a huge amount of a fairly complicated material because 'my chosen writing room' was at the top of the resort away from the main lounge and it seemed no one knew it was there other than the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varinda Garden Resort is a family run and owned resort. Which is located high on a hill with stunning views of Lamai Bay one of the best of the island of Koh Samui. Where you can relax and enjoy their superb swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Varinda Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Varinda Garden Hotel Koh Samui
- Varinda Garden Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach