We read the earlier reviews and decided to give the all inclusive Junior Suite package a bash. We arrived July 2nd which was the second day after reopening following revamp and renovations. The staff were absolutely amazing - from the gardener to the manager.
The hotel filled up quick around us, so our experience changed, but the staff remained helpful and courteous, always doing everything they could for us. The generators failed for almost a day and a night - but again, the staff could not have done more for us.
The beach boys are not that bad. They leave you alone if you just humor them a little. They are far cheaper than using the hotel's excursions - just ensure that they have permits to carry tourists. Madiba and Mohamiddi were they guys who helped us - friendly and not pushy. They gave us advice and even bargained with the locals for better prices for handmade goodies at the beach shops.
Highly recommend the swimming with dolphins tour, blue safari and Stone Town tours.
The tide does go out far at low tide, but it shifts times, so it was no issue - I the tide is out - drink cocktails at the pool :-))
For divers there is a dive shop at the resort next door. Their boat is close by, and their dive sites on Nmeba Island are awesome. One Ocean dive center has qualified and professional team.
We spent 10 great nights there, and would love to go back sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dream of Zanzibar is a superb 5 star all inclusive Resort, proud member of The Emerald Collection. The Resort is nestled in the midst of exotic gardens on the beach front at Pwani Machangani overlooking the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean. Dream of Zanzibar offers 104 deluxe gardens rooms, 40 ocean view junior suites, 10 additional junior suites with Jacuzzi and 3 beach villas with private pool. The 5 Restaurants offer guests an exceptional variety of dining options and 3 bars feature relaxing environments to enjoy refreshing drinks and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Dream of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Dream Of Zanzibar Zanzibar Island, Tanzania