We just got back on 23 December from a 2-week vacation at Diamonds Dream.
The staff were amazing and really friendly
The grounds are really well kept
Our room was huge and equipped with everything you need: king size bed with mosquito net, hair dryer, TV (but very few channels) and DVD-player, mini-bar (refreshed daily), free safety box, air conditioning (with individual control)... The cleaning lady was truly doing a great job and our room was kept very clean every days (free of any kind of insect and bug).
The Indian Ocean is beautiful and the beach large and well maintained. There is enough shadow with the palapas and the palm trees combined.
The whole resort itself looked brand new (no broken things here and there like it is sometimes the case when a resort has been running for a number of years)
The Managers were involved. They were always around, helping their teams - in my view this contributes to the good atmosphere of the resort. I do not like to see Managers shouting orders to the personnel in front of the guests.
The alcoholic drinks were well prepared and the wines were better than we have been used to in other all-in resorts.
What we think could be improved:
I found the entertainment at night quite minimalist and repetitive - if you stay 2 weeks, the program is exactly the same from one week to the other. While there is no need to have a completely different program, a little variety should be introduced. I also considered the entertaining program during the day quite poor - not a problem for me but still...
The buffet was not bad but very small as compared to the resort size, with little selection and the same things being served every two days.
We found that many places were lacking shadow. The pool, for instance, was well laid out but it is extremely hot there due to the lack of shadow! Another example is the long stairs leading to the rooms. It was so hot even late in the afternoon that going up was a challenge (it would make sense to have some over-head veil). Same thing at the sushi bar on the beach, most people can't stay seated there because there is very little shadow and who wants to eat sushi in the sun?
For those who like to spend the nights on the dance floor, there is no disco in the resort.
The wifi costs €40/week (for one single device!) and it is only available in the public amenities. It is possible to connect with a cable in the rooms but we tried several times and it wouldn't work.
Now remember that you are in Africa, meaning the service is not as quick as we are used to in Europe. It is also true that the waiters do not have any strategy and barely serve the ones who shout the loudest. We did not mind as we considered this to be part of the local adventure but noticed that some other guests were annoyed. Also note that it is not always possible to swim in the ocean or do water sports depending on the tides.
Overall we had a fantastic time at Diamond Dreams. It's a great hotel and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dream of Zanzibar is a superb 5 star all inclusive Resort, proud member of The Emerald Collection. The Resort is nestled in the midst of exotic gardens on the beach front at Pwani Machangani overlooking the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean. Dream of Zanzibar offers 104 deluxe gardens rooms, 40 ocean view junior suites, 10 additional junior suites with Jacuzzi and 3 beach villas with private pool. The 5 Restaurants offer guests an exceptional variety of dining options and 3 bars feature relaxing environments to enjoy refreshing drinks and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Dream of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Dream Of Zanzibar Zanzibar Island, Tanzania