“Nice hotel but” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Koskinou
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff are lovely, the food is good and area around the hotel is very attractive with a superb pool and plenty of space to sit.
The but is the location is quite a walk away from anywhere. There is a bus stop outside the hotel, but that is all. The evening entertainment is not brilliant, bit hit and miss. Overall we did have a good holiday. It was our 45th wedding anniversary whilst we were there and when the waitresses found out, they decorated our table and there were lots of smiles. Nice friendly touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool as we were on the other side which overlooked the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn762

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Coleraine, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here for a week with my partner in August. The hotel is quite basic for a 4 star hotel and when we arrived our air conditioning didn't work. Eventually it got fixed after a few phone calls to reception. The breakfast and evening means were ok, however they catered more for the continental market. On the positive side the pool was very spacious and there were plenty of sun loungers. We got a bus or taxi most days into Rhodes town, which was only 10 minutes or so away from the hotel. I wish we'd stayed it he kresten villas next door as it really looked amazing.., maybe next time!! All in all a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Overall was very good. Clean rooms and good service. Location-wise: 10 min by bus to the old city 2.3€ each direction per person. Taxi is €3 total for each direction.
Food- repetitive, not great but nice.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank revital85
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Had an excellent 2 week holiday in Rhodes staying at the kresten palace with our 10 yr old son. Rooms are small but adequate, we were put in the 700-800 block which are the older rooms I believe the other 2 blocks have been renovated but it didn't cause a problem for us as when on holiday we don't spend the whole time in our room! The hotel staff are great, very friendly especially Lorenzo and all the mini market staff, swimming pool is big, clean and perfect for all ages could easily find sunbeds. Food was good, a bit repetitive but all inclusive usually is, entertainment again a bit repetitive but that's also usually the case. We did lots of exploring and trips including Marmaris, Symi, butterfly valley and Lindos booked through sigma travel (10 min walk from hotel) would def recommend! Also went to the water park which is fun and great for all ages and not far from the hotel! Faliraki is worth visiting about 10mins away by bus, nice beach have a go on a crazy UFO!!! We went on a glass bottom boat from the beach next to the hotel, great value for money and u get to stop and swim in the crystal clear sea! The hotels own private beach is really nice, quite pebbly and rocky so shoes are advisable but we didnt. Fell in love with old town rhodes especially at night, really pretty with some lovely restaurants, bars and shops! Overall we loved rhodes and if we were to go again would book this same hotel/area!

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Kaiden2003
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have just returned from a 10 day stay at kresten palace hotel. I want to make this review as fair as possible but there were some annoying bugbears that I feel that I need to share with people considering booking this hotel.

I went with my partner, half board flying from Manchester. The majority of the guests were French or German so there was hardly anyone English there. We also asked to upgrade to all inclusive but was told that this was only for French guests.

Room - the room was very basic but clean. I do not think that it is four star accommodation. The bed sheets had holes in them and I must comment on the bathroom towels, the majority of them were horrible faded and grey - a massive recommendation to the hotel would be to bin all of the grey towels and replace them with new white towels. I ended up keeping the white towels and putting the grey ones straight to the wash.

Also there is no extractor fan in the bathroom which I found really inconvenient ! It also made the bathroom smell as there was nowhere for the hot humid air to go. There is a note about not using the bath due to water shortage therefore I'd suggest they get rid of the baths and just have a walk in shower it would make more sense.

I requested room with a pool view and this was lovely, I would definitely recommend requesting this. Our room was in the 500s.

Swimming pool- this was very nice and good for families as it wasn't that deep, the music was poor though, nothing up to date nothing in the charts it was basically three old songs looped. The drinks at the pool bar were also quite pricey. Also we requested some ice and were told off for asking for it!

Food - the food was nice we always found something to eat but it was quite restrictive. Also it would have been nice to have water included with the meal rather than having to pay for it. The pool bar was surprisingly good as well for a pool bar also again a little pricey!

Service - some of the staff were miserable and the lady at the restaurant looks you up and down everytime you go for the evening meal. The first night we were turned away from the restaurant as my partner had smart shorts on but it is only long trousers men at the evening meal.

Also on our last day we weren't due to be picked up until half 11 at night so on the second morning I wanted to ensure that we had a room for the final day as check out was 12noon. The lady on reception wrote this in the diary and we checked several times that we would have a room. On the final day we were then told that we would have to vacate our room at 12 and wait and see whether there would be a room for us to shower in. To be honest we were left in limbo and I felt slightly annoyed that I had tried to ensure we had a room some 9 days ago. Anyhow we ended up getting a room however we were charged for this and we had to vacate it by 6pm.

The cocktails and staff at the cocktail bar were lovely and we had one almost everynight. We also went to the Greek night on Monday which was thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the €10.

The noise at night time was very loud though and I can only think how families with young children managed to get any sleep!

The hotel is situated a little out in the sticks there is not much around and no nice restaurants within walking distance.

In conclusion we had a pleasant stay, I felt we paid a little over the odds all round and there are some general areas that the hotel could work on - white bath towels, a fan in the bathroom, a luggage room. I don't think we would visit the Kresten Palace Hotel again.

Room Tip: Pool view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Lvbram89
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel overall is ok. Nice reception area, nice restaurant ,nice terrace.The room was very basic nothing like a 4 stars hotel. Shampoo is not even provided. The swimming poll is very nice and attractive. The private beach also quite nice .. but they charge you few euros to use the beds in there. I really like the small little shop inside the hotel , people who are working inside are so nice and friendly unlike the rest of the working people in the hotel. We found them rude. You have to pay the water in the restaurant (unless you book for an all inclusive package , we went for half board) .
The food in the restaurant was good , with a good variety.
I went on holidays with my sister and we found this hotel is not really much for young people who wants to meet other people .. The customers were only families and couples. To totally avoid stay in at the evening if you like to have fun, the hotel does not offer any sort of interesting entrainment. I'd recommend this hotel to families and or couples.
ALSO I would avoid the all inclusive , as the island is awesome .. Go to see Lindos and a day trip to Simi is a must.
If you into clubbing Wednesday night Colorado club in Rhodes town is just magnificent,DJ alternate with lives band , you have to see it !!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank FAB1186338
Genk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel "KRESTEN PALACE" consists of 3 buildings. 2 of which are fine. We had the misfortune of being given a room in the 3rd, unrenovated, old and worn building (roomnumbers; 700-800s) After getting on 2 elevators, we had to walk quite a distance through a open corridor, where several birds nested. I am an animal lover but birds flying very closely over your heads while you're getting to your room is not what I call a 4 star accomodation... The room itself was ok but the bathroom had seen better days for sure and was too small for 2 guests. Not even mentioning the mold on the ceiling and bad finish. It just looked overall nasty to me. The whole situation put a real dark cloud over our vacation as we were expecting this to be a relaxing time. We only got a new room after 2 nights and with the help of our tour operator. The second room was fine though. It was located in the second building which had a much nicer feel to it and was in better shape. At that point our vacation really started. Room was cleaned every day and even the towels were a lot whiter and softer than in the first room. Chances are, if you got a bargain on a room in this hotel, you'll not get the same treatment as others who pay full price. I really don't understand how there can be such a big difference in room quality in the same hotel. Most of the reviews I read here were full of praise, but I guess that means that they got lucky room-wise.

Breakfast was ok although the scrambled eggs looked seriously undercooked. Lots of choice though. Tables weren't always cleaned properly so often you'd have to eat on dirty linnen from previous guests. Dinner was also OK with lots of variety. A bit too greasy for my taste and not really warm, but overall not bad. Definetely fine for the price we paid.

Pool is excellent, really enjoyed it! Very clean and lots of loungebeds around it. Music plays, which you might like or not but overall very relaxing and nice.

Restaurant staff was very friendly and did everything with a smile while working hard!

So mixed emotions about this place. Probably wouldn't go there again, unless I was sure I got one of the good rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room ranging between 100 - 699. A few kilometers down the road is a water p...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANonymous x
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koskinou
The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
#9 of 129 in Rhodes Town
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,882 reviews

Been to Kresten Palace? Share your experiences!