“Brentanos is a great place visiting Corfu”

Brentanos Apartments - View of Paradise
“Brentanos is a great place visiting Corfu”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Brentanos in april 2014, the beginning of spring, with the easternfest in Kerkyra. We loved the place and the hospitality of Costas and Helen. A nice appartment with a great view, a wonderfull breakfast every morning and a nice chat with the owners. A nice centrally located place when visiting the beautiful island of Corfu

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arnold S
yiotab, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Brentanos Apartments - View of Paradise, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Our valuable guests,

Many thanks for taking the time to write and post your review of our complex, which is appreciated!

With pleasure we read your positive evaluation which reinforce us to carry on with positive energy!

We very much hope to welcome you back again soon!

With kind regards,

Yiota Brentanou

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We've just come back from staying at Brentanos apartments in April, so very early in the season. In fact, I think we were the first guests there! The apartment was lovely - very clean, cool and with an enormous balcony with gorgeous views. We came here to recharge our batteries and it allowed us to do just that. Very peaceful. We didn't have a car, and it suited us fine because we like walking and exploring on foot, but if you have children or are less mobile I would have thought you would need one. It is about 1.5km from Benitses, the nearest town, along a main road which doesn't have a pavement all the way along, and a 25 minute bus ride from the main Corfu town. At this time of year, very little is open in Benitses, but there were a couple of restuarants, which again, was perfect for us. An absolutely perfect place for relaxing and with one of the best views I've seen.

Room Tip: Get an apartment as high up as possible - the view is better! It's also nice to have one with a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We recently visited the beautiful Island of Corfu and booked to stay at the Brentanos Apartments in one of their luxury apartments. We were surprised to find the apartments exactly like they were advertised on the internet with basic furnishings but quite comfortable and air conditioned!

We loved the peace, quiet and tranquility, really being able to recharge our batteries. The pool area was usually empty. Clean and tidy a real treat. Mr. Brentanos gave us a map upon arrival, and was extremely helpful in identifying nice quiet beaches and good restaurants.

He can also assist you with booking a vehicle which will make sight-seeing the island much easier. He also booked a day trip for us to the island of Paxos which was an unforgettable experience! Mama's wine is definitely the best on the Island!

Our return flight only departed late in the evening, and after check-out we spent our last day lazing by the pool. The owner was friendly enough to give us the use of a different apartment to shower and change before departing for the airport.

Now you will probably ask - why did I say it was a big mistake to book there - well it is simple. After our time there, I would happily give up sightseeing other probably interesting places and happily return to Brentanos every year!

Room Tip: Luxury apartments are newly renovated and have a beautiful view!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PWD2207
Pyecombe, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

If like me your a well travelled person stayed at the best hotels in the world and now seek the simple things in life this is the place basic but by no means li ing it rough has everything you need clean tidy zircon great views ,it's a quiet place with very friendly owners who are happy to help or leave you alone ,you need a car to explore the island ,owners have lot of knowledge will advise about location on those secret beaches ,this is a place where you go to be left alone and enjoy at your leisure a fab island ,

Room Tip: We had a studio flat on the first floor plenty big enough for two people views were stunning
3 Thank Daniel D
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed in the apartment for 2-3 guests (35m) for four nights and we both loved it. I'm not sure its actually suitable for more than 2 people, but we were only 2, so it was perfect for us.

The pool area was always quiet, usually empty, so getting a sunbed was no problem at all. The area was clean and safe.

The apartment itself is, as some others have commented, a little dated; the kitchen (which we, like most others, didn't use) is from around 1970, the bathroom is small but perfectly usable, the internal furniture is all dated.

Now, having said all of that, none of it actually matters when you have a huge terrace and such a beautiful view over the trees and the sea to the mainland. If you're a plane nerd like me, you can even watch the aircraft passing by on their final approach (gear down !) into CFU.

Top tip: You need a car if you're staying here, its about 15 mins drive from CFU and up a steep hill, not suitable for less able-bodied people to walk up

Top tip too: Helen's cheeseburger and fries rocked my world one evening when I was sooooo hungry !

We'll be back.

2 Thank nickdcfc
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Me and my partner arrived at Brentanos apartments, after a long day of traveling. When we got there the owner was busy with a client, who seemed to be complaining . We've been ignored for more than 15 minutes ( I think greetings would have been too much to ask for), till we have been taken to our room, which to our surprise was nothing like in the pictures shown in the advertisement websites. We selected double bed, we got 2 single beds put together, the flat tv we saw in the pictures was a small old tv. everything looked outdated, no safety deposit box. We asked to be upgraded to a better room, with extra cost of course, they never got back to us. We kept the room in the end as we didn't spend too much time in there. We rented out a scooter and moved around throughout the island, as the location of Brentanos doesn't allow you too see the true beauty of Corfu. The beach they say is 200 m away is a tiny pebble beach, which looks of no interest to anyone as nobody is never there ( I totally understand why). Benitses is 2 km away, yet you can't walk there as there are no sidewalks and the roads are quite busy. Therefore the only choice is to rent out a scooter and explore the island.
The night before check out I asked the owner's wife if it's possible to book us a taxi, for the next morning as we had quite an early morning flight. She said taxis need to be booked 24 hours in advance (huh? why do they call them taxi for? I wasn't asking for a limo). Anyway she was " nice enough" to give me one of the taxi's numbers, which I had to phone up from my personal mobile (what happened to concierge desk, helpfulness, to trying their best to accommodate their customers needs? no comment ). And if that wasn't enough we got woken up in the middle of the night, the same night before our flight by a phone call from the owner accusing us we haven't paid and being all aggressive. What happened was that he forgot to authorize the payment. When he realized that it was his mistake he didn't even bother to apologize. We were outraged by the whole situation. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

3 Thank Elena M
yiotab, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Brentanos Apartments - View of Paradise, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Sirs,

The purpose of this letter is to inform you regarding the attached libellous comments directed against me personally and my enterprise and the reasons which generated them.

It is clear that the specific critic is ruled by malicious intent and expediency on the part of Mr. King Grant who refused to come to Reception and settle his account, considering that he was leaving in the morning at 05.30 a.m.

On August 5 th 2013, Mr. Grant came to Reception at 11.40 p.m and asked us to book a taxi for 05.30 a.m to drive him and his partner to the airport. The receptionist asked him if he could check-out and he replied that this had been taken care of. Under the circumstances I was notified immediately and after we ensured from his records that his account was unpaid, I contacted him and asked him to come to Reception and settle his bill. It was already 12.05 a.m and Mr. Grant came furious being greatly disturbed from my phone call. I tried hard for 45 minutes to explain that we had not withdrawn any money from his account but we only got a pre-authorization and that payment to the hotel would be realized as determined by the reservation terms and conditions.

Despite my long-lasting efforts, Mr. Grant continued to refuse payment as well as to speak to the competent dept. of Booking.com which I tried to call, so that he could be reassured that payment of his bill from his account had not been effected, something he refused strongly.

I continued for another 40 minutes to explain the situation showing him the banking slip to prove that monies had not been taken from his account and that the only thing we did was to get a pre-authorization for the amount involved from his credit card and that no monies had been received.

Mr. Grand refused to understand our explanations and he caused tension using indecent words refusing till the end to settle his bill. Seeing that he could not be convinced I tried to get monies through the pre-authorization which luckily was still valid, so finally the cost of his stay was covered.

After the above incident, he left Reception threatening us to post defaming comments on my enterprise, which he did through Booking.com, who, after receiving our explanations, had them removed from their website.

Then, the same negative review about my enterprise was posted on TripAdvisor under a different name.

Dear Sirs,
I would be most obliged if you also removed this defaming review from your website because it does not reflect reality and it is obvious that Mr. Grant seeks revenge against me and my enterprise, aiming to harm my reputation.

I am certain that the management of the world renowned and reliable traveling website TripAdvisor shall not allow this unfair vilification to continue.

I am at your disposal for any additional information or clarifications you might require and looking forward to your immediate response to my request.

Yours sincerely,

Konstantinos Brentanos
Owner – Manager
BRENTANOS APTS - VIEW OF PARADISE
Corfu , tel. +30 261072350 & mobile +30 6932323747
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a studio for two.

Pros:
- Welcoming owner and family-ran business
- Balcony with great views of the Ionian towards Igoumenitsa
- Thick forest on one side, a tree garden in front
- Room and all common areas were very clean
- Wide bed
- Ample parking space
- No traffic noise
- Reasonable price for August (peak season)

Cons:
- Building dated back to the 70s
- The bathroom was old fashioned and not well designed. The shower was too small for 1 person and the water would always spill outside the plastic curtain and you would have to mop it off afterwards. The owner should invest in bigger showers with a glass cover
- No way to stop light coming in in the morning from the balcony door. The owner should invest in a thicker curtain
- Bathroom was ventilated via a window, so the room's air-conditioning could not keep it cool
- Noisy fridge. We thought of unpluging it at night to allow us a good night's sleep

Tips:
- Room was exposed to the sun on two sides throughout the day and gets hot by nighttime. In order to keep it cool at night we either had to use the air-conditioning or leave the balcony glass door open
- To repel the mosquitos, use a mosquito coil (can be found in all supermarkets in Greece) in the balcony and a mosquito plug & tablet in the room (was provided)

2 Thank Dimitr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gastouri
Aeolos Beach Resort
#3 of 10 in Corfu Town
MarBella Corfu Hotel
MarBella Corfu Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron

Been to Brentanos Apartments - View of Paradise? Share your experiences!