All reviews stayed for one night small town fjord dinner parts impression photos training
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my friends arrived here late at night and was welcomed with open arms to this beautifully situated hotel in Rognan. From the dining hall we had a great view of the fjord, and the food was top notch. Something for everyone. We slept really well and got to talk with a lot of local people, among them the hotel director who was extremely helpful. Thank you so much, we had a great time!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I don't know what was worse: the interiors or the food. If I have to pick one, I'll have to say the food (if you can call it that...). All dishes came with overcooked (canned?) potatoes & frozen industrial vegetables. I had salmon - and it was dry as the desert. Voila- that was the entire dish, none of it was edable unless you only eat for pure nutrition (dog pellets would probably taste equally and save you a lot of cash). I also had a soup (for ca. €10) which I'm pretty sure was made from powder... All dishes was served on plates with the hotel logo on, which I really can't stand. A plate should be clean and decorated by food only.
The interior you ask? One word for you: the perfect location for a 80s/bad taste party. Looks kind of like some of the tacky ships that used to run in the Mediterranean some years ago. As for the Hotel logo, it's also to be found on the colourful carpet floorings. I thought Norway to be quit modern, but at this place they lost track of time when Dallas was peaking on TV.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Rognan only has one hotel and this is it so you don't have any options if you need to be in Rognan. I stayed for one night on business and the hotel was fine. It was clean and the bed comfortable but there isn't much more to say in the way of compliments for my room. Attempts to make the place feel modern have been made but then things like the door keys and other parts of the decor hark back to years gone by.

Staff at check in and in the restaurant were helpful and pleasant.

The restaurant served me a perfectly adequate dinner and breakfast but nothing more than adequate. And whilst it has a good view down the fjord the furnishings make you feel like you're in a conference or canteen....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

In September 2017, I have an opportunity to attend training in one of our factory site at Rognan.
The excitement has already begun since I arrived at Oslo Airport and take another flight to Bodo.
Due to some matter, I have to spend 2 hours in Bodo before I can continue my trip to Rognan by car.
Bodo, a nice city. Not too big but very comfortable and friendly. Walking around the city just make me more excited and impressed wity the beauty of Norway.
On my way to Rognan with my colleague, we take some moments to stop and take some stunning pictures. It is very beautiful afternoon. It is like magnet that make us want to spend more time on the road.
Arrive at Rognan, we drive directly to Rognan Hotel. The hotel immediately offers the warm welcome and cozy environment.
Staffs are very kind and extremely attentive.
Room is quite spacy with heater ready when we feel cold.
Food is wonderful. From traditional grilled salmon, juicy beef tenderloin steak to wonderful reindeer steak.
After 4 nights, I have to check out and back to my country woth all the wonderful memories and impression to Rognan and Rognan Hotel.
I wish to comeback again one day.... Soon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Right now they are overhauling the hotel and I am really looking forward to stay there in June next time. i can imagine the midnight sun at the terrass with the waterfront.

Breakfast was Ok, especially the local salmon was delicious.
We had dinner (8 persons), everyone was very pleased. We tried several different dishes. The waiter do need some more training, though very friendly. We have all been beginners:-)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Laika D, Daglig leder at Rognan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Hello!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Rognan Hotell.
And we like to welcome you back to a"new Hotell" next time.

Best regards