“Spectacular location, fantastic outdoor pool!”

and 1 more site!
Solstrand Hotel & Bad
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Osoyro
Oslo, Norway
“Spectacular location, fantastic outdoor pool!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The greatest plus of the hotel is its location - you see both the fjord and the snow-covered mountains on the other side of it. Even better: you can enjoy this view when sitting in a warm, outdoor pool. The rest of the hotel represents a very high level too: great rooms, very nice service, tasty and meals of a great choice (including many Norwegian delicacies). The hotel has an genuine atmosphere, and some local, rural properties has been included in the modern interior in a successful way. You will also find a nice spa, with a swimming pool (quite big for a hotel), different types of sauna, fitness etc.

I have visited the hotel two times this year and I can certainly recommend it. Will come back myself too!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the fjord view!
2 Thank piotrgz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bergen
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at Solstrand two nights in September while attending a business conference.

This is not my first time staying at Solstrand, It must have been ten years since my last stay.
I checked in early afternoon in good time before the conference started to give me time to explore the hotel and garden again. Found my room 256 in the old building, a beautiful mini suite overlooking the garden from your own big balcony. Separate bedroom with a nice queen-sized bed, nice flatscreen, nice furniture in the living room area and a big bathroom with a tube and a shower.

I did not have the opportunity to visit the spa to try any of the treatments, but was told by friends, that it was superb.

I am retired from the travel business after over 40 years. Over the years I have stayed in some of the best hotels in and around the world and know to appreciate good quality. All in all I will rate Solstrand as one of the best experiences I have had when it comes to hotels.

Reasons:
Well trained staff, first class service, perfect location, you will love the garden and view, big clean rooms and excellent food. The atmosphere in the hotel is outstanding, you can sense that the owner and staff work on details every day to make Solstrand a unique experience.

I can promise you, try Solstrand, you will love it!

Room Tip: 256 is nice.
Karmsund
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I Stayed at Solstrand two nights in September 2013 while attending a business event / conference.

First question from me to me afterwards was; why have I never been to this place before? (I personally live only a 3 hour drive south of this place). What a place this is. Perfect service, perfect location, big clean rooms, and excellent food. The atmosphere as well; just perfect.

Let’s start with the beginning; at check in I was informed as follows; “your room is a little bit special, when you are in the fifth floor enter the door marked “Engleberg”, then proceed via the stairs to the top floor”. I was totally alone up there in this 50+ square meter suite with a big balcony with a great view.

Separate bedroom with a nice queen-sized bed, nice flatscreen TV (barely used it though), nice furniture in the living room area and a descent bathroom. And so quiet it was up there.

The first evening we had the buffet dinner before mingling with the other participants in the bar and elsewhere, all very nice.

The next day everything was perfect attended to from the hotel staff during our sessions in the big conference room.

We had a perfectly prepared 3 course dinner the second evening as well.

Breakfast was also very good both mornings.

There is a spa there as well as mentioned many times here on TR. I did not have the time/opportunity to try any of the treatments, but I did visit the premises, and it looks really good. And I did try the swimming pools, both the indoor and the outdoor pool; really pleasant.

All in all I will rate Solstrand as one of the best experiences I had when it comes to hotels, which I surely will recommend for everyone. Go there and have a good time.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor with a great view is what you want at this hotel...period.
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have stayed three nights in SOLSTRAND Hotel. Enjoyed the beautiful garden, the superb food, the idyllic location and the magnificent atmosphere in the hotel. This is no doubt one of the best hotels we have ever stayed. The quality of a hotel is highly dependent on the staff, and in this hotel the staff is really service-minded. It is a real pleasure to stay in SOLSTRAND Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jurgen T
Knoxville
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our tastes normally run to very elegant inns or small boutiquey hotels, rather than Grand Dame classic hotels, but the hotels around Bergen and fjord country are limited. So, we decided to give the Solstrand a try. Wow, am I glad we did.

Our room was amazing with lovely fjord views on both sides, definitely request 411 or a similar corner room. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. In one of the reviews, a gentleman said he had no bathrobes. We definitely had bathrobes, but I suspect someone left his down by the nice indoor/outdoor heated pool. We enjoyed the use of the wooden row boats and the staff arranged a nice private boat tour for us.

The only reason I am giving the Solstrand a 4 star, rather than a 5 star is the food at dinner. We chose to have the full board option, which because of the location is exactly what you should do. The hotel caters to a lot of big groups, weddings and conferences so there was one choice at dinner and I would best describe the dinners as very good banquet food. Not overly exciting, but certainly pleasant enough, with extraordinary views and friendly service. Lunch and breakfast buffets were great.

Room Tip: 411 is an excellent room, or chose another corner room with balconies and views of the fjords from b...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaKnoxville
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The room was superb with a wonderful view. Food scrumptious, service attentive. The hotel is an easy train and bus ride from Os to Bergen. Not a tour bus in sight ..... Would gladly return to this elegant hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Terceira, Portugal
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

The reason why I booked this hotel was the fact that I just could not find a Hotel in Bergen City which fascinated me!
I found this charming, very beautiful hotel on the list of "Historic Hotels of Norway".
My expectations were high, but I was not disappointed for a second!
Check In staff was very nice and friendly. They made me feel rather as a friend than as a guest!
The room was very spacious and wonderfully furnished. Magic view over the manicured gardens and the blue ocean! I was impressed, really!
The bathroom was lovely - just nothing that was not upto the standard of a really good hotel!
This place is very pretty inside and outside, very well kept and very charming!
Breakfast is magnificent and abundant. The staff is very kind. I wanted to have lunch outside in the garden. Although the weather was rather unstable they arrived immediately to dry up the garden furniture and serve me outside with a true smile! Very nice staff! Food was excellent, nicely presented. Everything wonderful here, and Bergen City really has no comparable hotel. I would turn back here at all times. It is a hotel which you won't forget!
If you love manicured gardens full of pink roses this is the right place for you! It has an old world charm combined with really good standards. Bravo, Hotel Solstrand! I will keep you deep inside my heart!

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osoyro
Clarion Collection Hotel Havnekontoret
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen
Sentrum
Hotel No 13
Hotel No 13
#8 of 47 in Bergen
Clarion Hotel Admiral

Been to Solstrand Hotel & Bad? Share your experiences!