See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed on Bjørnefjorden for the second time in August 2016. First time was a few years before.
It's still a nice place for a stop, on the way to Bergen, but I mainly came back because the breakfast was very nice last time. This time the breakfast reminded me of cheap economy hotels and really not worth coming back for.
The rooms are clean and the everything else was OK. Nice parking in front of the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel but 2 of the 3 rooms we booked were inaccessible for our 75 year old mum due to steep steps. Worth checking when you book if someone in your party needs easier access. Our son was in the 'sky loft' room, accessed by "ladder" stairs, and the bathroom ceiling was very low indeed. Having said this, the loft room sleeps 4 and would be perfect for families with younger children.

As well as the wonderful views from our balcony, the evening dinner was the highlight. Basically the menu is set and you choose to have all 3 courses, or just 2, and the food was simply stunning.

Access to Bergen easy by car (30/40 minutes) and there is a regular bus service directly into Bergen city centre.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We came to the hotel since we couldn't get a room in Bergen for the last day of our journey and didn't regret it .We were welcomed by a charming guy who did his best to make us comfortable, and offered us very good dinner.The hotel is lovely and has old time charm atmosphere, the room was very basic but o.k. The breakfast was quite good and dinner excellent, the views are as lovely as all around the fiords.

Room tip: Ask for a room with fiord view
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Friendly staff, clean and tidy. Especially receptionist Josephine is a very friendly and helpful lady. View really lovely dinner and breakfast was good. Price / quality good, wiffi works very quickly. This hotel is highly recommended.

Room tip: Room 12 has a big balcony with a very nice view
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Visited June 2015. Cut a long story short, they overcharged us by £40 at check out as we had a fixed cost and they charged us their rates and were extremely rude with their attitude when asking to refund on my card there and then, the woman said "this is Norway, not England!". She didn't even give us a chance to look at the room bull, snatched our card and punched in the amount!!! I run a successful business and if I heard any of my staff talking to customers in that manner, I would be ashamed. Anyway thanks to my superb bank, they managed to claw back the £40. I contacted my bank after 2 months of false promises and apologies that it will be done the next day. They had no intentions of refunding me. I wasted money on phone calls and my time on emails. C'mon pull your socks up and treat international travellers with respect. Guess what? We won't be recommending the Bjornefjorden guest house and definitely will not be staying with you ever again!!! TRAVELLERS BE WARNED!!!

Date of stay: June 2015