This is in no way a 5 star accomodation. Maximum 3 stars. And if you like butlins, this is the place for you. Except butlins would at least have entertainment daily, you just feel like your one of several million hoarded into a butlins resort.
We hated every second of our holiday here. In fact we hated it so much, we got on the internet to try and get a flight out to somewhere else, before our week was up, we didnt want to stay the full week, however, unfortunately, you have to fly back to the uk before you can go anywhere else, and it just wasnt happening in the timespan we had.
The staff are very unfriendly, we always felt like we were inconveniencing them every time we spoke to one of them.
There are wasps everywhere, you cannot sit in peace at all.
The childrens play area is a joke. If there is even a little bit of rain, this turns into a bog and cannot be used.
The entertainment is not until after 9pm - 10pm at night. Therefore if you have toddlers with you, you dont get to see any entertainment at all. It would have been nice to have something at 7pm onwards to allow families with young children to go.
There is a massive break between lunch and dinner. Our daughter fell asleep on our first night there because of travel, therefore my husband and I couldnt go for dinner. We were starving so asked reception if we could get some food sent to the room from the restaurant. You'd have thought I asked her to come and clean our toilet with her tongue with the reply I got. I had to go to the shop ( which is very expensive ) to buy crisps and fizzy drink for our dinner, because they wouldnt entertain our request at all.
You dont get wi-fi in your room, to pay for when you leave. If you want wi-fi you have to go and sit in reception. Even the cheapest hotels in the uk have wi-fi in rooms.
The beach is horrible and you feel like your sitting on mud.
If you have any bad weather you have NOTHING to do. If you want to spend a fortune in a little arcade, then that gives you something to do, but what use is that to a toddler.
All you can do is sit on the beach or by the pool to be bothered by wasps again.
The spa was not relaxing. I booked time in the pool and had someone with a watch stand over me to tell me to get out.
This resort is all about getting numbers through the door and making money. They dont care how people enjoy themselves once they've paid.
The restaurant serves the same rubbish every night. If you have small children there is no choice for them at all. No childrens meals. Our 2 year old lived on chips and orange juice.
I would never ever ever ever ever bring my family to this resort again.
I sent all my feedback to mitsis head office, and they did not reply. They do NOT care.
STAY AWAY !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roda Beach Resort & SPA is a gorgeous all-inclusive hotel located at the northeastern coast of Corfu, a few minutes walk from the village Roda. Spread out in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, it reaches its own sandy beach and the turquoise Ionian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roda Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Roda Beach Hotel Karousades
- Mitsis Roda Beach Karousades
- Roda Beach Corfu
- Roda Beach Hotel Corfu
- Roda Beach Resort & Spa Corfu, Greece