The Mitsis Roda Beach Resort was my longest and best holiday destination in all the places I've been in to and I'm annoyed the official Thomas Cook rating is four. This is five. I stayed here with my family for eleven nights- technically ten as we lost one night in transit as it was a night flight. I'd like to add I commend the Thomas Cook attendants on this flight for restraining the woman on the flight there as she was very disruptive (swearing, screaming and shouting when there were small kids on board) and not
diverting after she was denied drinks so (very drunkenly) kicked off. Not nice.
At the hotel, we stayed in a sea view family room. I recommend trying to get rooms 401-410 or at least on that row as they're right by the beach, main pool and main building. I don't really recommend swim up rooms simply because if you're staying ten nights like me, it works out £70 a day as it's and extra £700 and there's not much
excitement to it. More secluded than anything. The beds are quite firm, but that aside the room was fantastic! Expect a few ants and not being able to flush your toilet paper, but this is the Mediterranean so if you don't like it, you'll just have to deal with it. The maid came pretty much everyday, filling the mini bar with water, changing towels and thouroghly cleaning your room. Toilet paper bin emptying included.
Now going on to food and drinks. George, Georgia and (I am awfully sorry because I cannot remember the name) but the barman at the beach bar who would give the kids high fives were absolutely brilliant. Please look out for them. George even remembers the drinks you'd usually have. Lots of cocktails, beer, hot and cold beverages and mocktails (brill for kids) available from 10 am till midnight though you can stay at the bar until one am. The main restaurant has lots available and the basics were the same and for the little ones there's a kids corner. The a la carte restaurants were great but I'm not a Chinese nor an Italian fan so... The Greek restaurant too is the place for meat and fish lovers. Not much else.
The entertainment, last but not least was amazing. Thursday I think was karaoke night for the budding singers and Caberet, Greek and Irish nights were all included in an amazing week and a bit of shows! After that, the Beach bar hosts a disco and you may see rehearsals at the amphitheatre. The animators are lovely, the only problems I had were with Thomas Cook themselves as the kids club cost €12 and it isn't very good for the older ones. This had nothing to do with the hotel.
The Corfu Airport is very, very poor so fill up at breakfast as there's barely anything food wise at the duty free. Only some Pringles and drinks and chocolate that'll most likely melt.
All I can say apart from that is that we're already on our way to Thomas Cook to book again.
Thank you Mitsis!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roda Beach Resort & SPA is a gorgeous all-inclusive hotel located at the northeastern coast of Corfu, a few minutes walk from the village Roda. Spread out in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, it reaches its own sandy beach and the turquoise Ionian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Easy Market Spa, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Roda Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Roda Beach Hotel Karousades
- Mitsis Roda Beach Karousades
- Roda Beach Corfu
- Roda Beach Hotel Corfu
- Roda Beach Resort & Spa Corfu, Greece