“Great diving, great safety & lovely people”
Review of Amarilla Divers

Amarilla Divers
Book In Advance
More Info
US$80.71*
and up
Tenerife, 2 Dive excursion for Certified Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Amarilla Divers in Tenerife is an Award winning PADI Dive Resort based in Los Abrigos, previously in Golf Del Sur. We offer a safe and friendly diving experience with one of our PADI Dive instructors or Divemasters. We also offer PADI & SSI Dive courses from Discover Scuba Diver to PADI Pro Levels. Tenerife has a wonderful underwater world to see with lots of life and different types of diving. Amarilla Divers has wreck dives, reef dives, swim throughs, turtles and sting rays dives on offer.Join in, Suit up, Get Wet, DIVE today with Amarilla Divers.
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I booked our dives a few days before we left for Tenerife and Mary was very helpful in answering any questions I had via email (with very prompt replies!) making the booking process effortless. Lifts are provided to/from nearby resorts, which made life much easier as I was travelling with my family so did not have to inconvenience them.

I did 6 dives (across 2 days), including 1 night dive, and my younger brother (13 years old) did 3 dives, including 1 night dive. We both only became certified divers 8 months ago, so were not too experienced, but with the expertise of Neil all our dives were very safe and enjoyable. My brother had never done a night dive before so was quite nervous but Neil buddied up with him and put him at ease during the briefing, & that ended up being my brothers favourite dive of the trip!

Neil & Shaun were both very friendly, knowledgable, professional and excellent dive guides - they were great and spotting/pointing out cool marine life/animals to us (saw multiple octopus, stingrays and a seahorse just to name a few!!), always offered to help set up/carry heavy tanks & kit, and just generally provided great company across the two days (despite the questionable dad jokes...)

All of the equipment we used was in great condition, and the guys were always prepared to fix any minor problems if they occurred. Also, I didn't realise before emailing that all of the dives are shore dives (brilliant if you get sea sick like I do!), but don't be put off or feel the need to find a centre that does boat dives, as you wont be missing out because there is still a huge range of dive sites & the sea gets deep quickly so surface swims are not too long!

Overall a brilliant couple of days and definitely the highlight of my holiday - really hoping I get the chance to return to Tenerife for more diving in future, & I would definitely go back to Amarilla Divers! Thanks so much Neil & Shaun! :)

Date of experience: April 2018
in 5 reviews
"padi"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I did 2 days/4 dives with Neil and Shaun. Everything was easy, friendly and professional. Booking and communications with Mary were very quick and easy. The dive center kindly picked me up before and dropped off after diving. Guys were helpful with rinsing the equipment even though I had my own and with everything else. Diving and logistics were nice and easy. No rush, no stress. Good guidance on dive sites, spotting and pointing out interesting stuff. I enjoyed my stay very much and definitely would recommend the dive center. Guests are treated in a warm and personal manner and the guys are fun to be around and are very professional.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Oksana C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I just finished 7 dives with Neil & Shaun, I found them both very professional and helpful. The diving was very good with only one day of poor conditions. As far as a dive company this his one of the better companies I have dived with. Mary answered all my questions prior to booking and Neil handled everything after that. I was picked up at my resort and Neil was always on time, we would then go to the shop and get all the gear together and then drive to a dive site (4 different sites). I highly recommend diving with Amarillo Divers.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Derek H
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Neil, thank You very much for the great experience. Sure, we will return to make the Open Water Diver.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Michael B
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a week in Tenerife where I decided on the first day to do my Open Water Course. (I had done a Discover Scuba Diving and some try dives earlier in the year elsewhere) Contacted Amarilla Divers through their website and Mary replied within minutes! Arranged to do the course over the next 4 days. Collected promptly by Neil each morning, who took me through all of the practical stuff. I had to obtain a medical certificate and Neil took me to local doctor who charged much less than other doctors other dive centres may take you too! Very adaptive to my needs. Had some great dives. Both Neil and Mary extremely knowledgeable and experienced, and all at a great price! Highly recommended! I will definitely make an effort to dive with them again!

Date of experience: September 2017