My girlfriend and I just came back from Formentera, where we stayed in Las Dunas Playa. From the first moment, we started to love this place and we will come back for sure.
We stayed in the studio, which was very near to the beach, so we could hear the sound of waves at night - very refreshing and just what we needed for the good sleep. Studio was fully equipped with all things we needed (kitchen with all necessary stuff, shower with enough room for two people, huge double bed), no luxury here, but very good quality for the price we paid.
Location is also very good, it is on the southern part of Migjorn beach, on border of "urban" - Es Arenals part and "rural" part of the beach with a very few objects on it and with no crowd. Regarding transport - best combination is to divide your staying in 3 equal parts - rent a moped for the northern and western beaches (Levant, Es Trucadors, Illetes, Cala Saona (if you really must go there)), rent a bicycle for the northern and middle part of Migjorn and Ses Platgetes) and walk on foot for the nearby parts of the Migjorn (Es Copinar, Es Arenals, Calo des Mort). When you walk to the beach from your room, if you go left you can find more people on the beach, easier entrance in the water and mostly family oriented people with small kids. On the right side is more deserted area, with more rocks, but with much more privacy and peace for you. We even succeeded to find a little cove just for two of us. If you are nudist, this part of Migjorn could be your favourite place on the whole island! And it is just 10 - 20 minutes walking from your apartment!
Nightlife is very poor here - you have two bars in the neighbourhood - Piratabus and Flipper&Chiller, music stops about 22h, but if you want crazy nightlife, you are on the wrong island!
Don't bring your fancy shoes; they will be full of sand all the time! Flip flops or sandals are all you need for the whole time staying here.
One more advice - don't miss morning swimming on the empty beach while sun rises. Coffee and breakfast can wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Dunas Playa is a complex of apartments, chalets and bungalows located a few meters from the Playa des Migjorn de Formentera. You can enjoy cafeteria and restaurant service, as well as supermarket, car rental (car, motorcycle, quad and bicycle) and a terrace with swimming pool and spectacular views from where you can see the best sunsets of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Las Dunas Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Dunas Playa Hotel San Francisco Javier
- Las Dunas Playa Formentera/Sant Francesc De Formentera