“Excellent”
Review of Can Curreu

Can Curreu
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went to Can Curreu with my wife for a romantic weekend. It's a favourite retreat from the parties. The location is amazing, set in a hill surrounded by countryside. The staff are friendly and attentive. You could laze for hours by the pool sampling their wonderful array of cocktails before heading out to discover the beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants and great clubs the island has to offer. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank winnie w

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights after our wedding in Mallorca, we were upgraded to one of their best suites on arrival. This hotel and its surroundings are really a little touch of heaven, if you are looking for a relaxing time with fantastic service and food this is definitely the place for you.
We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This place has serious credentials Mr & Mrs Smith, i-escape etc and a serious price list €395 per night, so I was curious to see how it would live up to it's reputation.

The grounds are simple, classy, well groomed and at first, it's quite unassuming. We stayed in Es Niu (the nest) which was a really nice space with a covered roof deck and varnished, polished, wooden steps leading up to it (more on that in a minute).

Beautiful views of the surrounding mountains, but hang on. The bed.. this is five star luxury and I'm looking at a standard double bed, tiny, but no, it's actually two single beds pushed together. The lady from front desk who saw my look of, what the..!, assured us that it would be sorted the next day, but I pointed out that we were here for three nights on a "romantic break" and that I wasn't wasting one of those nights in a single bed.

So she dealt with it and said she would have to call someone back to the hotel to address the matter. Cool, get them back. We go and have a drink at the pool and relax. I come back an hour later and the bed is now a double, albeit a small double, but hey, that's better than a single, but hang on. It's the same two single beds now pushed together and dressed in a canny disguise to look like a double, albeit a small double!

Out the door to reception. What's going on. This place is high class. You can't have single beds pushed together. Even the Holiday Inn has double beds and soft or hard pillows to choose from. I'm paying a lot of money here and sleeping in a single bed and a tube like fake pillow that I would soon discover was impossible to sleep on! Now.. you might think I'm being slightly petty, but if you put it in context, this is standards we're talking about and you can't have these issues glossed over. This isn't a B&B after all. The girl at front desk is clearly not prepared for confrontation and defers to her boss who won't be in until tomorrow morning, blah blah blah.. I didn't come away to argue. I came away to relax, but first and foremost, romance was top of the agenda.

The pool is lovely, the staff are very friendly, the massage was amazing as was the pedicure (I'm reliably informed). Breakfast is fantastic and was included in our deal, hang on.. What deal! it's €395 a night, it would want to be included, but I don't want to detract from the place as there is a lot to like about it.

I slept like a lord on the roof deck during the day and walked down to the hippy market on Saturday morning, which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel, and it's very cool. I've never seen such a collection of amazing looking people who really live the hippy lifestyle, some very beautiful and talented people who are committed to their way of life. A definite must..

Anyway. lets get to it. I'm on the phone, it's rained during the night. I'm walking down the wooden, varnished, polished steps, they're wet. I slip and fall hard on my back and go right down to the ground. I land hard. I'm in pain. I think that's it. I'm done. No one comes running, other than my fiance. I'm in a lot of pain. My neck is sore from the tube like pillows and the single beds! I lay down on my back, check everything is moving and try and gather myself.

We eventually tell front desk and she gets the masseuse who is also a physio to look me over. Who has varnished wooden steps! But that's Ibiza, there's no plan B, it's sun only, and if it rains it's a total meltdown as we saw in KM5 when the DJ had to pack it up and move inside as everyone panicked trying to figure out what to do. Cool place by the way, well worth a visit as is Aura. Great food at both.. Anyway, pain, discomfort and not a lot of interest from the hotel. No, can we get you something to drink, to eat, call a doctor, an ambulance. Nada..

The bill came and I'd no fight in me to address the bed situation or me slipping down the stairs. I just wanted to get out of the place and back home. They knew what had happened and did nothing to facilitate on either matter.

We missed breakfast because I'd slipped, yet when we went for something to eat after I'd recovered somewhat, they charged us for the food. Not classy, but that was the impression I got from the owners. I was told all the rooms had single beds so they could put them together or not. That's unacceptable in an establishment that has credentials from Mr & Mrs Smith and i-escape.

Don't get me wrong. The staff were all lovely, although there didn't seem to be enough of them, but single beds and death traps are not for me. A&E in London. Two x-rays, muscle and ligament damage on two vertebrae, not that Can Curreu could give a Can Curreu about it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MaxGaffney
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is a very comfortable resort with a beautiful mix of contemporary style and old Ibizan charm. The suites are amazing. The situation is a little remote, meaning you spend a lot of time in the resort and the restaurant, which is expensive. But on the plus side, the food is outstanding and the service exceptionally good. The front desk staff are all very friendly, but sometimes there were some problems with communication and things got a little messy there. This is much more of a boutique style resort. There's no high end concierge thing happening, so expect to make your own arrangements. If you want to explore the island, get a car. Otherwise round the pool is nice, but do make time for some day trips to the local beaches. Cala Boix was our fav near the resort. If you're fit you can reach them on bike. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We came from our house on main land Spain where we have endless guests and a great deal of work.
I needed peace and calm - Can Curreu certainly did that!
Delicious food and very attentive staff.
Do not book a Double - Number 4 has no windows and is very dark, we were moved after one night- go for a Suite - it is worth paying extra!
Number 6 and Number 15 are good.
We will be going back.

Room Tip: Definitely book a Suite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed there two weeks ago with our three children. It's a small hotel just a couple of minutes outsiie San Carlos in the North East, 30 minutes or so from Ibiza town and 40 from the airport. We had a superior room and the kids were next door in a standard. Both rooms had a private area with sun lounger's outside. Beds were large and comfortable. Room service was quick and our room had it's own bar and cooking facilities (with a fridge which was good for the duty free). Restaurant was very good with a really decent breakfast included in the price. We ate at the restaurant a couple of times for lunch and once in the evening and couldn't fault it. All the staff were extremely pleasant and attentive - at times service may have been a bit slow but this is Ibiza and easy to accept this with the territory. Small gym and a spa and plenty of seating around the outdoor pool. Possibly the pool itself a little small when busy with children.

Would certainly go back and definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: You might prefer a room away from restaurant area as the restaurant can go quite late into the night...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is a very quiet classy place with a friendly atmosphere. Yet simple and strait forward, with all the accommodation we desire. We have been in 3 different suites / rooms. The Wifi works all around. Its location is ideal for us as we network in the North. Our first stay was in 2010, then a few weeks ago.

Room Tip: Excellent A/C system with a very low noise setting. Excellent Gastronomic restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
#19 of 51 in Ibiza Town
Simbad Hotel
Simbad Hotel
#4 of 10 in Talamanca

Been to Can Curreu? Share your experiences!