“Really nice”

Ranked #2 of 8 Piwniczna B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Poland
“Really nice”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I was staying in a standard room.The room and the bathroom were very nice and clean, exactly as in the pictures on hotel website. It had a TV and hair dryer. I was missing an electric kettle to make tee/coffee. It was on a ground floor so the view was over the parking lot. However, there were just a few cars and right behind it, was a very nice slope, were you could sometimes see ponys.

All the staff were very polite and helpful. Don't know if they speak any foreign language as I didn't notice them talk to guests from abroad. The food you can buy is good, and extremely large portions.

The place is very good value for money, we paid just 50 PLN for a room, you could have a large plate of pierogi brought to your room for as little as 8 PLN!

It was more a hotel style, what I only missed is the atmosphere of a typical guesthouse in the mountains , with an owner chatting you up, inviting to spend time with the family, maybe drink a shot of vodka. But that really depends, some people don't like that so just be prepared it's not this kind of place.

Te place is in a really quiet area and the best way to get there is by car. Also there is no restaurant in the village (the nearest one is in Piwniczna a few good kilometers away) but it is really beautiful and peaceful. The best ski area around is in Wierchomla, about 10 minutes by car.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room on the ground floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ZosiaT

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 25 December 2011

This autumn I have been again in southern Poland and due to my last experiencrs at Lesny Dwor I decided to stay there again for a weekend - and I did not regret my choice.

My girlfriend and me booked a two room appartment for as low as 40 Euro online.
Our check in was fast and we get a nice room at the 3rd floor. What was really nice
and as I can remember I had it not a year ago: when I arrived at the room, there was
a Welcome card written by the manager, with two bottles of complimentary water and
a postcard. This was really nice, I am not sure if this is for returning customers or all customers get it, but I felt really nice about it.

Together with my girlfriend we decided then to chose full board at the hotel and it was the best we could do. The food was fantastic, traditional polish cuisine, all fresh made and very tasty. Even the soups were delicious, althought I normally hate soups - the only sad thing is, the portions are really huge, its very good and so I gained about 1 kg after this weekend...

The rooms are spacious, clean and nice. Television is sometimes a lil bit anoying, when it rains (as one evening) the digital signal is not perfect and so the LCD-Screen shows error-squares - we did then take a DVD from frontdesk and so it was ok for us. Even we did not use it - there was also a kitchen at this apartment, was nice for a "good night tea".

What was kind of interesting was a watersolarium, I was lying in a kind of low whirlpool and then the solariumpipes come down and taint you... I liked it, my girlfriend prefered to go to sauna in the meantime.

But (together with the food) the best thing was the nature - Not only, that there are shetland ponys at the property, one morning I woke up earlier, went to the balcony and had seen a deer with a huge antler - so cool, took a picture of it!!

The location is really nice for hiking, together with my girlfriend we made some trips to the mountains and forrests around and experienced nice nature, great views, the smell of the trees in the forrests - it was very relaxing and real recreation.

All together - at this great price range (with full board we paid something about 30 Euro per person - for a suite!) with this tasty food and especially, this warm n nice welcome - Full 5 Stars!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TheGregstar
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The room was clean and it had a large bathroom, quite modern

on arrival at around 9pm we came in to the hotel and entered the reception area.i aproched the receptionist and said i have a reservation as you do, he took the booking conformation off me and stared at it for 2 or 3 mins he then muttered something in polish to me, as i do not understand the language i got out my phrase book i said to the man in polish i have a reservation and then handed him the sheet. he replied nie, nie nie which means no. i then asked him dos he speak German, he replied Ja! i then told him that i had booked a double rooom in my name, he then proceded to repy in polish so i stil didnt understand what he was saying. at this i left the hotel and phoned booking .com and explained my situation. she then phoned the hotel, and they left us standing in the stairwel for around half an hour while the receptionist/ owner wandered roound going in and out of rooms the owner did say a few words to us in english. but we where generaly left thinking are we goiung to find somewhere to sleep tonight. the verry helpful lady at booking. com phoned back to check we had got a room and explained that the hotel had not got our booking and they then faxed it over to them. i found the staf rude, very unhelpful, and ignorant. we did get a room in this hotel and i have to say if you took the staff away it would be a rather good hotel, we had to find our own way to breakfast in the morning by looking around the building, sausages wher not cooked thuroughly verry poor selection. i would not stay here again nor would i recomend it to anyone

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrewb1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piwniczna
Hotel Piwniczna SPA & Conference
#1 of 1 in Rytro
Smile Hotel
Smile Hotel
#2 of 19 in Szczawnica

Been to Lesny Dwor Rezydencja? Share your experiences!