“This is a disgrace to Greek hospitality...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andros Holiday Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Andros Holiday Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gavrion
Athens
“This is a disgrace to Greek hospitality...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I never thought I would have a worst experience in a hotel than that which I reviewed in Rome....

I had to stay there due to an unfortunate event and I literally decided to sleep there than in my car at 3:00 a.m. It turned out that I should have slept in my car. This hotel should be shut down as I doubt that any standards are met that should allow a hotel like that to continue to operate.

So, I checked in at 3:00am and checked out at 10:00am, no breakfast taken, or anything... The room was filthy, and the TV didn't operate. When I called reception, they said that they couldn't replace it at this time as all rooms were occupied (which I doubt, but if so I pity the guests...)

Upon check out, they requested 80EUR and I though they were kidding. I told them that 80EUR would be acceptable if I had received the services that should have been provided. They said that unfortunately they could not do anything as far as the price was concerned after making a call to the manager or owner, so I paid the amount and requested to see the manager.

Upon entering the owner/manager's office, I explained the situation politely and that I believe that their prices did not reflect the quality and I consider myself lucky I wasn't assaulted, let alone receiving the treatment a customer should receive. Apparently, they prefer to not receive comments about how to improve themselves...

If you find yourself in a similar position, I would suggest you knock at a door of a random residence and I am sure you will receive much better hospitality than in this so called hotel...

Thank you for taking the time to read my review.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank AlexiusGR
AndrosHolidayHotel, Front Office Manager at Andros Holiday Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2015
Dear sir

We apologize that you did not get the quality services you expected. We take seriously our customers complaints and try to make our services better. But you forgot to mention that you had late arrival and we were kind to check you in without a previous reservation and as a walk in customer although the reception was closed at that hour... Also you forgot to ask your self why the tv didn't work...( you had unplugged it to put a charger!). I cannot apologize for the hotelier reactions, only the facts that had been taken place as i was at the reception upon your arrival(out of duty). Anyway we wish all the best to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Staying at the Andros Holiday Hotel was as comfortable as staying at the home of an old friend. Nestled away from all the hustle and bustle, it has its own lovely, private beach, a gorgeous swimming pool, and even a play area for kids. The hotel is as pretty and scenic as the picture suggests, and it offers its own breathtaking views of the sea from almost every balcony. Depending on which direction I looked, my room had a view of both the sea and the pool. The rooms were large and clean, and the bathrooms very clean (a must for me in any hotel). The food in the restaurant and also at poolside was fabulous. I love fish, and the waitstaff recommended that I try some of the local varieties, which were absolutely mouthwatering. I cannot say enough about the personnel working at the hotel. The entire staff, front desk, waitstaff, bartender, shuttle driver, and cleaning crew were friendly and made me feel welcome, and when I complimented the ecletic mix of music that played poolside, the bartender made a copy of the mix for me to keep!

The hotel is a short walk down to the port with its quaint tavernas and little shops with beautfiul treasures. I highly recommend the Andros Holiday Hotel, especially for family reunions, friend reunions and anyone who (like me!) needs a break from the busy, hectic world. I will definitely be back, and eagerly look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jacqueline h
AndrosHolidayHotel, Director of Sales at Andros Holiday Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2015
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Hope to have you again in our hotel!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Wonderful views, peace and quiet, a private beach (with extra private hideaway spot), FABULOUS half-board food (especially in evenings), a lovely deep swimming pool - excellent pool side lunch options, and an easy stroll to the quaint port area shops and cafe's. Altogether great value. The room was perfectly adequate, nothing flash, but clean and with a decent fridge and medium sized balcony. Pool towels are provided, and there were no issues with mosquitoes in rooms.

Room Tip: I was in the newer block, a separate block away from the reception building, above the pool bar.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank AliB706
We want to thank you for your time and effort for replying with a review. And we are happy you had a great experience in our hotel. We will be happy to host you once more
Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have stayed at Andros Holiday numerous times over the years and find it gets better and better each time. Not only is it minutes from the port but still quiet and secluded with a super close private beach, the staff is helpful and attentive, providing lots of little extras. For instance, the waitstaff brought me numerous chilled Nescafe frappes at breakfast and when the housekeeper noticed my room was a bit too cool one night (AC on too high!), she brought me a comforter the next day. The waiters and bartender, were gracious and colorful and always made me feel at home as well. The rooms are done in the traditional Greek island style - comfortable, simple and authentic. And each room I've stayed in has an amazing sea view. Lastly, the hotel manager, Mr. Tassos, is gracious and warm and stopped by our poolside taverna table often to offer a shot of tsipouro (fiery Greek alcohol), make sure all was well and to tell stories. I recommend Andros Holiday without reservation and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leslie A
It is always our pleasure to have old guests! It is also our goal to take notes from our reviews and make our services better. Hope to have you again in the future.
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I am a return customer for the last 5 years . Every year I look forward to returning to this Hotel because the whole experience becomes more satisfying . Be it the room , the breakfast , the pool , the private beach and the politeness of the management and ALL of the staff had convinced me that if I choose to return to Andros this is Hotel I want to be in . It doesn't sell itself for what it is not . Its simplicity and generocity are there , in plain view .....
Thank you very much !
See you next year , I hope .

Room Tip: Remember that this is not a DELUXE Hotel . It is a family-oriented , relaxing , clean and utterly f...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Doros M
We are very happy to have returning guests as it says something about our efforts to build better services. We will be very happy to host you again in the future
Barendrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

When we booked, we didn't think it we will be taken by this hotel. The staff were great, the hotel was situated at a great location, close to the port and amenities however far from the pollution and the noise. It was great having your own private beach for those days you didn't feel like interacting!

We will definitely go back there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank Vicky845
AndrosHolidayHotel, Διευθυντής Πωλήσεων at Andros Holiday Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2015
Thank you very much for your review. It will be our pleasure to host you once more in the future. We are always open to proposals that will make our services better.
komotini
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

The utterly quiet location, the always eager to serve us personnel, the nice sea view along with the hotel facilities provided us with summer holidays to look back to with a great smile.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank thakon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gavrion
Anemomiloi Andros
Mainades Maisonettes & Studios
Krinos Suites Hotel
Krinos Suites Hotel
#1 of 6 in Batsi

Been to Andros Holiday Hotel? Share your experiences!