“Fair choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Andros Holiday Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gavrion
“Fair choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Great value for money. Great location with a private beach. Average restaurant. There is a room for Improvement in breakfast. Also some more comfortable and modern sunbeds are needed in the beach. But the big picture is overall very good

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Fotis2011
AndrosHolidayHotel, Director of Sales at Andros Holiday Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2015
Thank you for your time and effort to write this review. We are always taking notes of our customers reviews and try to change the low quality services you may have experienced.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

It is not only the gorgeous location and surroundings, the excellent facilities, the closeness to the port of Gavrion, the peaceful, private hotel beach, the good food, the nice, clean, comfortable rooms, the..., the..., but especially the personel, the staff, from the top to the last one they are youthful, kind, eager to be helpful and always friendly to all.
We spent ten days two families (the one of them was there last year for two weeks), ages 73 to 11, and we never felt bored or uncomfortable; we were indeed at home far away (and some of us as far as Toronto, Canada!) from home. That's holidays!!!

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the open sea, and others the mountain behind. Both are excellent. The ones...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Daniel S
We want to thank you for your review. Its inspiring and it gives us more energy to make our services even better. We would love to have you again in our hotel
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I just got back from my time spent at Andros Holiday Hotel (june 25th-July 4th) and the friendly service was there as steady as always provided by owner and staff, the food fresh and plentiful-Gavronisia Restaurant on the premises of the hotel is one of the best places to eat dinner in Andros and I have tried many places on the island. The rooms very clean, views spectacular, location great for walks into town to shop, visit cafes, bars, tavernas, bank, post office. I have been a repeat customer for over ten years, privately to vacation with my family and for work and I always leave knowing "Greek philoxenia" - Greek hospitality. I highly recommend Andros Holiday Hotel for family vacation (staff super friendly to children, playground, kid pool-my daughter was treated like a princess all the times I vacationed there with my family) and for time to get away from hectic Athens. You don't even need a car to get there, they pick you up from the port, just let staff know what time your boat arrives. The taverna by the pool offers great home cooked meals for lunch until early evening...fresh fish, seafood, salads, etc. We had a wonderful stay this time again-(vacation and work). The small meeting room was perfect for our international writing group too. This place is truly inspiring and gave me a quiet place to find my writer's voice. I was there in May 2013 for vacation and the same feedback applies.

Room Tip: all rooms with sea view are lovely, I have stayed in main building and both wings of hotel ---all ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amalia M
We want to thank you for your time and effort to publish a review for our hotel. It is always our pleasure to hear good words about our services, but it also gives us energy to try to make them better. So hoping to host you again in the future with even better services
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel is in a beautiful spot overlooking the Aegean, steps from a small beach and a short walk from the charming port town of Gavrio, which has all the necessities for the traveler (ATM, newsstand, food market, choices of small places to eat). The hotel staff is friendly and helpful; the atmosphere is relaxed and the food is excellent. I had a wondeful time and got lots of writing done, in between swims and sightseeing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hank G
We want to thank you for your review. It will be our pleasure to host you in the future also
Malmö
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The note below must be a fake. The hotel is after Greek standard a pearl and its owner has more then 40 years in the business. We have been there many time and the service and the facilities are perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Compitum A
It is always our pleasure to have good reviews from our guests. And its always our pleasure to try for the best services. So we thank you for your time to write this review
Yaounde, Cameroon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

If you want to relax, eat really good fresh food, swim, read, and just SLOW down, this is an excellent place to do all of these things. I've stayed here 8 times with friends and/or family over the last five years and I've never had a bad experience. The rooms are nice, the beds the best I've experienced in Greece, the staff is helpful and friendly, and the food is wonderful. The pool is clean and doesn't have too much chlorine and the beach is secluded and quiet, the water clear and lovely.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn M
AndrosHolidayHotel, Front Office Manager at Andros Holiday Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2015
Thank you very much for your review. And thank you for your wonderful words. We will try not only to maintain but to make our services better. We are always at your disposal for any future visit in our hotel
Athens
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I never thought I would have a worst experience in a hotel than that which I reviewed in Rome....

I had to stay there due to an unfortunate event and I literally decided to sleep there than in my car at 3:00 a.m. It turned out that I should have slept in my car. This hotel should be shut down as I doubt that any standards are met that should allow a hotel like that to continue to operate.

So, I checked in at 3:00am and checked out at 10:00am, no breakfast taken, or anything... The room was filthy, and the TV didn't operate. When I called reception, they said that they couldn't replace it at this time as all rooms were occupied (which I doubt, but if so I pity the guests...)

Upon check out, they requested 80EUR and I though they were kidding. I told them that 80EUR would be acceptable if I had received the services that should have been provided. They said that unfortunately they could not do anything as far as the price was concerned after making a call to the manager or owner, so I paid the amount and requested to see the manager.

Upon entering the owner/manager's office, I explained the situation politely and that I believe that their prices did not reflect the quality and I consider myself lucky I wasn't assaulted, let alone receiving the treatment a customer should receive. Apparently, they prefer to not receive comments about how to improve themselves...

If you find yourself in a similar position, I would suggest you knock at a door of a random residence and I am sure you will receive much better hospitality than in this so called hotel...

Thank you for taking the time to read my review.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank AlexiusGR
Dear sir

We apologize that you did not get the quality services you expected. We take seriously our customers complaints and try to make our services better. But you forgot to mention that you had late arrival and we were kind to check you in without a previous reservation and as a walk in customer although the reception was closed at that hour... Also you forgot to ask your self why the tv didn't work...( you had unplugged it to put a charger!). I cannot apologize for the hotelier reactions, only the facts that had been taken place as i was at the reception upon your arrival(out of duty). Anyway we wish all the best to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gavrion
Anemomiloi Andros
Hotel Perrakis
#1 of 1 in Gavrio
Mare Vista Hotel - Epaminondas
Mainades Maisonettes & Studios

Been to Andros Holiday Hotel? Share your experiences!