“Captain George is the best!!!”

Captain George Santorini Yachting
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Vlychada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captain George was raised and educated in Australia and has over 30 years experience in skippering sea craft around the Greek Islands and is the creator of the sunset cruise in its present form! His passion for the sea and tradition has lead him to restore one of the most important boats that was used for transportation of people and goods between the islands and the mainland for centuries. It all started back in the early 90’s when he started BBQ cruises on Santorini and various islands in the Aegean – reminiscent of the Australian weekends of his youth. The boat is the S/Y Eleftheria, a 55-foot wooden built traditional Greek Kaiki -Trechandiri or working boat, which nowadays are open museums and carry memories of a world that is fading right in front of us. We also cater for VIP tours, private charters, sunset cruise and individual itineraries, BBQ trips and full day tours around Santorini and the surrounding Islands.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Captain George is the best!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We took this tour with 2 other couples we had met while in Greece. Anytime we asked Capt. George a question he would answer. He could talk for days about santorini! This is not a guided tour which my wife and I loved! We just chit-chatted and had a great time with the other couples. We got to swim to the hot springs and when we came back to the boat he was finishing with grilling and preparing our feast which was delicious! Also I can't forget that his crew (2 kind gentleman) served us unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks the whole 5 hours! And we drank alot! At the end we stop and watch the sunset which was goregous! Captain George is the best!!!

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy the new friends you can meet and the beautiful boat ride around santorini!

3 Thank Andrew N
Geokik, Manager at Captain George Santorini Yachting, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thanks for sharing the day with us -- It was a pleasure having you and exchanging thoughts
and views !!!!!
Take care and be good !!

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Greece (including santorini) for our 4 year anniversary and ran into 2 other young couples on their honeymoon. We hung out and decided we should rent out a private boat. I send out an email to Captain George trying to get info and I got a response very quickly, we were very satisfied with the pricing! He booked us for the next day May 20th 2014. While on the boat the service was just incredible, unlimited beer, wine, snacks, and the food looked like something you would see in a cooking magazine it was extremely good!! We got to see exactly what we had hoped for. At some point he stops and gave us time to jump in for a swim, he also provides swimming equipment and has plenty of life vests if anyone needs them. Overall our experience with captain George and his crew was fantastic! I would recommend it to anyone to who is wanting a PRIVATE boat ride instead of going in a boat with a hundred other people. Captain George is very friendly and knowledgeable!

2 Thank jr c
Great day !!! Thanks for coming and bringing the good weather with you !!!!
Take care !
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“MAGICAL”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Captain George and his crew were amazing. This trip to Greece was very special. I was proposing to my girlriend at the time. You want the proposal to go exactly how you imagine.
Based in Sydney Australia, I was communicating with George via email.
He responded to my request with urgency. He handled all my request with professionalism.
George went beyond his normal services to deliver exactly what I wanted and more.
The day was magical and it was everything I had imaged and more. It was a perfect day. From hotel pick up, to meeting his friendly crew who made you feel like royalty.
To the food and drinks that kept coming through out the day without asking. The Service was 6 star.
We were all having such a great day he extending the trip for us another hour so we could see more of the amazing sites. Nicole and I think about that day all the time and can't wait to go back and see Captain George again and take one of his breathtaking cruises around Santorini.
Thank you George very much. It was the best day of our lives so far....
Don't look at any other cruise's - Captain George and his beautiful Eleftheria Yacht is the only one.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Ben A
Geokik, Manager at Captain George Santorini Yachting, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thanks for the review Ben A !

Don't forget --- We still have to finish what we missed last time !!

Regards to You and your Wife !

G
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Once in a lifetime experience! Me and my girlfriend did the tour in July and can undoubtedly say it was the highlight of our trip. The scenery was breathtaking and the experience unforgettable. The yacht tour was well organised and hassle free from start to finish. We were both picked up and dropped off, and were well catered for with food and drink. The tour group was small which ensured a personalised experience. Captain George's hospitality and kind nature was refreshing. He is very knowledgeable of the islands history and had some great stories and interesting facts to share. The tour involved several leisurely paced stops which included a swim at the hot springs and Red Beach. Captain George then cooked us a fantastic Greek style lunch. Our day finished off with an amazing sunset on the way back to port. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Max B
Geokik, Manager at Captain George Santorini Yachting, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you Max and H. for your review !! Good things come to good people !!
Take care and I hope that you achieve your goals as well.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing experience, lovely traditional yacht and excellent customer service.”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Thank you for adding value and an amazing experience for myself and my friends Christina, John and Chrissy whilst we spent 1 week at Santorini.
Your yacht, yummy food and hospitality was awesome.
Thank you!
Ken

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kanelos73
Geokik, Manager at Captain George Santorini Yachting, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you Ken for your review and for joining us on the cruise !
Regards to Christina, John and Chrissy and see you all again for another one !