Konstantinos Palace is a new hotel built on the very edge of Pigadia bay. Location is excellent - it's still within walking distance of Pigadia town (about 20 minutes on foot to town center) but in a beautiful, quiet spot on the beach away from the noise and built-up residential areas.
The hotel is very modern and the layout is well thought out. Pretty much all the rooms have at least a side view of the sea. There is a pool on the rooftop and a much bigger one on the terrace toward the beach. Service is very good. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned daily and all the basic commodities are available (shampoo, bath gel, beach towels, sun beds & umbrellas etc.). As for the rooms themselves, they are nicely furnished with a big bed, TV, spacious bath and large balcony.
Food is for the most part excellent, organized along the lines of a self-service buffet. Breakfast is more or less always the same but the selection is huge so it is not difficult to pick something different every day. Dinner is by all means excellent, fresh and varied - mostly Greek and Italian/Mediterannean cuisine with an occasional barbeque.
The area around the main pool is nice for sitting down and having a drink in the evening. The beach is absolutely terrific. Fine sand, there are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. No other hotel in Pigadia has a comparable beach access - Konstantinos has the advantage of superior location because its seafront is well away from the nearby densely built-up residential areas and hotel resorts.
There are many other facilities: playground for children, tennis and basketball court, sauna, beauty center and a nice gym with two stationary bikes, two treadmills, an elyptical machine, sit-up benches, dumbbells and a multipurpose machine for strength training. So there is always something to keep you occupied.
Having just returned from a week on Karpathos I believe this was the best vacation I have ever had. Konstantinos Palace may not be a 5-star hotel by somebody else's standards but it certainly is a 5-star hotel by what you can expect on Karpathos and elsewhere in the Eastern Mediterannean. I never really felt anything missing. The only downside I can think of is internet access, which is not cheap (starting at 2 EUR per 30 mins). Free Wi-Fi in the rooms would be a nice touch. But apart from that I enjoyed my stay very, very much.
In any case, Karpathos is a beautiful island, still not too crowded (at least in September). A perfect spot for enjoying the sunny weather and crystal clear sea and forgetting about all the everyday stress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At KOSTANTINOS PALACE you can find yourself staying in one of our 139 fabulous rooms or indulge yourself in one of our eight luxury suites. All our rooms are exceptionally spacious with a beautiful view of the ocean and the entire city right before your eyes. All the rooms are equipped with personal adjusting air-condition, mini bar, dimmer lights, TV, radio, satellite channels, telephone and internet access. Also KOSTANTINOS PALACE offers two swimming pools, Jacuzzi, bar, restaurants, soccer-field, basketball court, conference center, room service and parking. Whether your visit entails business or is purely pleasure, a stay here assures you the ultimate in gracious luxury, attentive personal service and the pleasures of an incomparably magnificent and convenient location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Konstantinos Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Konstantinos Palace Hotel Karpathos Town (Pigadia)
- Konstantinos Palace Karpathos, Greece