On the positive side:
* The beach is great! It really is, nothing to complain about there at all!
* The rooms are well located, close to the beach
* The rooms are big and well planned
* The staff was nice to you
* The rooms where clean, with the big exception of the floors that were dirty
On the negative side:
* Nearly nothing was well maintained (pool was not fresh, deck chairs fell apart, knobs and stuff in the room was loose...)
* The floors in the rooms were quite dirty. After a shower the feet got dirty again very fast after a few steps in the room. The daily cleaing in the room did not fix that problem. I gues the the just moved the dirt between the rooms.
* The restaurant was unpersonal. More or less like a school cantine. Our first night they had underdimensioned the buffet which meant that they ran out of the meat dishes. So we had to keep to the vegetarian dishes. The actual food was not very exciting.
* Things like having your laundery picked up and later on delivered meant that you need to talk to the staff about six times. You cannot count on that what you agree later on happens. If you do, you'll get dissapointed.
* Things like having one matress changed to achieve equal height beds took two days and four different attempts to talk to the staff.
* There are a few big hotels along Koggal beach, behind the hotels there is nothing. No shops, no restaurants, no nothing. If you want to shop you need to use the hotel shop (not great) or walk one kilometer or so to the local small singalese shops. To eat someplace else you need a car or a tuk-tuk.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koggala Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koggala Beach Hotel Sri Lanka